This is great

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
1. Intranet

Popular in the mid-90s, the term "intranet" referred to a private network running the Internet Protocol and other Internet standards such as the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). It was also used to describe an internal Web site that was hosted behind a firewall and was accessible only to employees. Today, every private network runs IP. So you can just use the term virtual private network or VPN to describe a private IP-based network

Source: 12-words-you-can-never-say-in-the-office.html: Personal Finance News from Yahoo! Finance

The entertainment doesn't end there...

Sometimes the freedom of speech would be more appropriately described as the freedom to say stupid things....

I also enjoy the ASP=SaaS=Cloud Computing one...

MS

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yikes. Reading that hurt my brain. icon_sad.gif
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Yikes. Reading that hurt my brain. icon_sad.gif

I almost wanted to send her a polite email suggesting that she verify some of the advice that she's offering job seekers...

MS
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just don't understand how you could be so wrong about so much. I don't fault her for not being an expert on this stuff, but why would you bother to write an article on a subject you are so out of touch with?
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I saw this the other day and was wondering if anyone else had seen this!

I just don't have words...
    dynamik wrote: »
    I just don't understand how you could be so wrong about so much. I don't fault her for not being an expert on this stuff, but why would you bother to write an article on a subject you are so out of touch with?

Actually, you should do a web search on her, or look at her LinkedIn profile. She's been a technical journalist for quite some time for some big name mags. There's really not a good excuse for this.

MS
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    I read this today and immediately scrolled to the bottom to look for a comments section. There was none icon_sad.gif But this forum is much better.

There is NO World wide web it is just THE INTERNET!
    BigTone wrote: »
    I read this today and immediately scrolled to the bottom to look for a comments section.

cmarsan@nww.com or carolynmarsan@sbcglobal.net

LinkedIn | View Profile Sign In

From her summary section:

"Experienced reporter and editor covering business and technology. Produces accurate, thoroughly sourced, well-written articles on deadline for online and print publications."
  • BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    eMeS wrote: »
    cmarsan@nww.com or carolynmarsan@sbcglobal.net

LinkedIn | View Profile Sign In

From her summary section:

"Experienced reporter and editor covering business and technology. Produces accurate, thoroughly sourced, well-written articles on deadline for online and print publications."

Awesome....

Now I just need to take a deep breath and figure out what to say... Maybe I'll write her back in all binary... I'll tell her its the latest techy thing to do.
    Awesome....

Now I just need to take a deep breath and figure out what to say... Maybe I'll write her back in all binary... I'll tell her its the latest techy thing to do.

BTW, if she's really hot or something I'm on her side.

MS
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There is NO World wide web it is just THE INTERNET!

I thought it was the Information Superhighway.
    Maybe I should upgrade my PS/2.