Thank you letter

loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I just had an interview for a helpdesk/desktop support position. When it was over the interviewer told me I was one of the first people they were interviewing and that they'll let me know in 2-3 weeks. I was wondering how soon should I send him an e-mail to thank him for seeing me. Should I do it now or should I wait a week or so?

Thanks.

Comments

• sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    loss4words wrote: »
    So I just had an interview for a helpdesk/desktop support position. When it was over the interviewer told me I was one of the first people they want to see before they make the decision on who to hire and that they'll let me know in 2-3 weeks. I was wondering how soon should I send him an e-mail to thank him for seeing me. Should I do it now or should I wait a week or so?

Thanks.

I usually send a thank you follow up 24 hours after the interview.
  • loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for replying, sharptech.

Another question I had is about the content of the thank you letter. Should it be short and to the point just saying thank you or should I write a paragraph or so describing why I think I would fit in well with the company?
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    I agree with sharptech.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    loss4words wrote: »
    Thanks for replying, sharptech.

Another question I had is about the content of the thank you letter. Should it be short and to the point just saying thank you or should I write a paragraph or so describing why I think I would fit in well with the company?

Don't go too long, but be sure to include:

Names of people you met during the interview
    Specific parts of the job description that were discussed
    Specific parts of the company that were discussed
    Things that impressed you.

Hope those help. Just my 2 cents.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Keep it short, mention something that you might have found unique in the interview so the manager remembers who you were. My first IT job I got was due to my thank you letter. The manger said I was the only person who wore a suit and the only person who sent a thank you letter.

But this was back in the day when the economy had more IT jobs than IT people.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Usually send out the letter or email within 24 hrs after the intervie while the interviewer still fresh at their memory.

Thank you to the interview, staff and the opportunity to spend time to setup interview and ... u know.

Don't be too general and never get spell wrong about their name.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn