Options

Ccna academy experience

Haruna Umar AdogaHaruna Umar Adoga Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys, just wrote my ccna2 (routing protocols and concepts) final exams and i passed with 86.4%. We used the ccna Exploration for the class, hoping to start ccna3( lan switching and wireless) next week by God's grace. Just wondering if there's any advice i can get from someone on the forum on how to approach ccna3. Any advice on maybe the books to or other things will be greatly appreciated. The ccna Exporation is the material we are going to use again for ccna3. advice/experience/must knows on ccna2 : > basic router config > configuring static, default and dynamic routes > diffs between distance vector(RIPV1&2, IGRP & EIGRP) and linkstate(IS-IS & OSPF) protocols > route summarization and vlsm > diffs btwn classful and classless routing protocols > configuring routing protocols such as RIPV1&2, EIGRP & OSPF and so much morecc

Comments

• Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Study the labs, download them and do them frequently. Create your own labs and have a buddy break them and troubleshoot it. The online course materials plus the Cisco Press CCNA study library and portable command guide was all I used.

Study - Build - Break - Repeat!
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    Cisco 3 will be heavy into switching. Lab everything out. Make sure you spend time understanding STP since it's fairly confusing when you first read about it.

If you have packet tracer I have a few challenge type activities on the blog in my comment. Once you get through Cisco 3 try them out. There are no walkthroughs. You should be able to troubleshoot them easily. Just a note, they only work on 5.2 at this time since Cisco decided backwards compatibility wasn't needed. Classes just started for me this semester so I'll port them to <= 5.1 once I finish a few things in these classes.
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info