Online gaming

lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
favourite online games when your fed up of being serious ill start by saying guild warz :) i know its a dead game but hell its fun when you want to blow off a bit of steam

Comments

• crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Star Wars Galaxies, pre-cu of course. But it is still fun to go back and play whenever they have the free month trails for vets.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    not played swg but it did look interesting i want to try the new star wars mmo and gw 2 ofc, i heard that the cu messed up swg a bit would be nice if they could get the private servers up that didnt include the cu i was waiting for one of those before i tried the game but tbh i am not too keen on paying monthly for a game hence why gw was an instant hook for me :)
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I love call of duty 4 online, cs:source now and again. Stopped playing world of warcraft a few months ago, hevily bored of that game now. I am waiting for diablo 3, which will be the RPG game for me.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    yeh a bit of fps action is always fun i like cs and a bit of halflife deathmatch, i played WoW knew someone was bound to mention it in here somewhere nt overly keen on it ^^ paying monthly was what got me but i do understand it from the other side too they had better servers than gw because they had the cash to pump into maintainence
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I play COH/COV to wind down, as well as play this game called Toontown online with my kids.....
    never played coh :/ do like the look of the new dc universe online game tho looks interesting, as does aion tower of eternity really want to have a go at that
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    I would be so into DC Universe when it comes out but another game is calling my name... Star Trek Online....I am so in it's not even funny. Let's pray they don't screw it up.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Team Fortress 2 and World of Warcraft. icon_thumright.gif
    Team Fortress 2 and World of Warcraft. icon_thumright.gif

Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that you play a Priest or a warlock Fade.
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    more WoW peoples im outnumbered by the pay monthly people lol tf2 was cool but a bit cartoony for my liking, classic was ace :) not seen star trek online but sounds fairly interesting :)
    lambov12 wrote: »
    more WoW peoples im outnumbered by the pay monthly people lol tf2 was cool but a bit cartoony for my liking, classic was ace :) not seen star trek online but sounds fairly interesting :)

Alot of people in IT play mmo's, but you'd be more surprised about the people who aren't in IT that do.
    Pash wrote: »
    Alot of people in IT play mmo's, but you'd be more surprised about the people who aren't in IT that do.

i know at college a few of us played a bit then when i came out into the big bad world lol i worked at an internet cafe and saw more peole that played werent really into IT.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What with work and studies any time left over is spent giving my wife a hand with the little one. Never have time for games Im afraid.
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I was also into WoW up until, hmm, 1.5 years ago. Got into raiding T6 content with my Shadow Priest, but quickly got bored when my guild broke apart and most quit. I am looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic to come out, so need to finish up my certs before then :)
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
    rofl yer need to have some free time for that one, i understand the whole not having time for gaming i went through bout a year of that then stuff calmed down and i had time again, didnt get into WoW enough to do anything significant lol
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I played alot of WoW. At some point, I realized that WoW and study time were mutually exclusive. So I had to choose between advancing my character and advancing my career. Thankfully, it wasn't a difficult choice.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Last MMO I played was Warhammer Online. I thought it was fun for awhile (Chaos Chosen was soo fun to play), but couldn't convince my WoW addict friends to keep their account going (blasted carebears). If I'm going to play a time sink, I'd rather do it with friends. Now I just pretty much play single player stuff that I can play for a few minutes and leave.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've been playing combat arms alot lately. Other than that I'll play half life 2 death match and call of duty4 (if I can find a server that's full of people).
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    The only online game I play is TF2. I don't dare go near the likes of WoW or Everquest because I already have old NES/SNES RPG cartridges with the clocks set to 999:99 from me playing them to death, I don't need to get into RPG-type games that never end.icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Pash wrote: »
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that you play a Priest or a warlock Fade.

Druid and Paladin icon_thumright.gif
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I play more Xbox 360 than computer games online. I play a lot of Battlefield 1943 and 1 vs 100 right now. I am tempted by the DC Universe MMO but I think my fiancee (wife by that point) will kill me if I get into a time sink.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Man, does anyone else here play starcraft or am I the only one? Psh, well currently I enjoy playing starcraft and css to relieve that stress.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    I played Eve Online for quite some time. I love that game but took too much of my time. I am waiting for SWTOR. It looks awesome!

Star Wars: The Old Republic

EDIT...Oh, I should mention its being developed by BioWare icon_wink.gif
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    human151 wrote: »
    I played Eve Online for quite some time. I love that game but took too much of my time. I am waiting for SWTOR. It looks awesome!

Star Wars: The Old Republic

EDIT...Oh, I should mention its being developed by BioWare icon_wink.gif

I'm not even a big SW fan, but BioWare makes awesome games. I might avoid touching this out of fear I'll lose my entire life icon_lol.gif
  • Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    arwes wrote: »
    Last MMO I played was Warhammer Online. I thought it was fun for awhile (Chaos Chosen was soo fun to play), but couldn't convince my WoW addict friends to keep their account going (blasted carebears). If I'm going to play a time sink, I'd rather do it with friends. Now I just pretty much play single player stuff that I can play for a few minutes and leave.

I really enjoyed Warhammer Online before all my friends quit playing - I spent many hours defending keeps as a warrior priest - for some reason though everyone quit around level 22 - that sucked. A handful of people I played COH with all went to WoW, then we tried Warhammer, then some just quit MMOs altogether and some went back to WoW.

Today I bought Champions Online and will be installing once I get home :D

Games I'm playing atm:

NHL 09 xbox 360
    GTA4 PC

I plan to immerse myself in The Old Republic when that comes out, Sith Army for me !!
  • inc0mpleteinc0mplete Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've been completely involved with FFXI (the MMORPG) and I love it. I have played WoW for a long time, but as hard as FFXI is, I still really enjoy it. I am looking forward to FFIV hopefully 4th quarter of 2010.
    I also play Gear of war 2
    I will also be getting/looking forward to Batman Arkham Asylum!

Xbox360 ID: Codeninja7 add meee ^^
    Security+ -> Studying.
    CCNA-> Studying - GNS3 and building up equipment slowly for CCNP.:lol:
    MCSE 70-290 -> On Hold.

Exploit Bank: 0
    InProgress: 1
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    if i get a few minutes ever in my life i might play Left 4 Dead again.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    The only time I get to devote to video games is when I rarely get to sit down and play a demo on PS3.

That will change when Modern Warfare 2 comes out on November 10th.

Then God of War 3 in March.

Oh, man...I can barely contain myself.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hello, my name is Mike... and I just re-activated my WoW subscription.

HI MIKE!

Falling victim to peer pressure from friends who still play sucks. Sucks even worse when they don't play after you re-activate.
    well thats alot of peole lol and a wide selection of games nice to see so many people hoisting the flag for wow :p lol and yes knights of the old republic does look good and i think everyone will agree that the mmo should have been released back when the offline kotr was released