CCNP forum new home ?

hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
just got my CCNA today, after 2 hours of celebrating pulled out my old 642-811 book looked inside and think I will give it a try (getting a new materials)
I got a lab at home, books on order and this forum, I think I should be ok once I decide on choice of CBT.

Comments

• CCIE_2011CCIE_2011 Member Posts: 134
    For CBT
    cbt nuggets is a great source easy to digest and the presenter Jermy has a great style in presenting ideas. You'll never get bored with him.

CBt train signal is also a great source, very comprehensive and you'll learn more stuff than just CCNP.

Those two that i believe you should consider. Of-course in my opinion

Good luck
    . : | : . : | : .
  • SirsamonSirsamon Member Posts: 221
    The same two i would choose.
  • hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have used both for my CCNA, not the most cost affective but very helpful, if I treat CCNP as a foundation I might be able to slip both into the budget, I found that using CBT Nuggets and Train signal accelerated my studies a great deal
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    hooklow wrote: »
    just got my CCNA today, after 2 hours of celebrating pulled out my old 642-811 book...
    Only 2 hours of celebration? drunken_smilie.gif I guess that's okay if you're starting the "one chapter, one beer" study method. :D

While you're shopping (and budgeting) for CBTs, also take a look at Chris Bryant's website and check out the CCNP Study Bundle. Consider tossing it in as part of your additional study materials. It seems to have helped lots of people "get over the hump" with the more intense Cisco Professional Level Exams -- and it's probably worth the price if you "get over the hump" before your first attempt at each exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did like train signal a lot but noticed that I got most out of it after watching CBT nuggets and reading Sybex, i guess same goes for Cisco press, I see Jeremy as my good old friend dropping by with a 12 pack telling me about his job while Chris is more of a tutor preparing me for that final, both are great in their own way
  • CGN_SpecCGN_Spec Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hooklow wrote: »
    I did like train signal a lot but noticed that I got most out of it after watching CBT nuggets and reading Sybex, i guess same goes for Cisco press, I see Jeremy as my good old friend dropping by with a 12 pack telling me about his job while Chris is more of a tutor preparing me for that final, both are great in their own way

Exactly, that example is dead on!!!!