Failed today

sooners8507sooners8507 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I got a 533....I was hoping that I would do a little better than that.

OSPF, OSPF, OSPF, OSPF and for good measure OSPF. icon_cry.gif

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that....maybe next time. That's just a part of life. Sit back and have a beer. These things happen.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Keep your head up. It's very hard to hear that after failing a test, but you need to jump right back into it. Study for another two to three weeks, then sign back up for it. Make sure you are ready! These exams are tough. I keep telling people I work with that if certs were easy and cheap then everyone would have them and there would be no need to people like us. Study up and knock it out.

Best of luck....

C
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • sooners8507sooners8507 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    viper75 wrote:
    Sorry to hear that....maybe next time. That's just a part of life. Sit back and have a beer. These things happen.

I might just do that. I am going to retake it sometime soon, probably here in a few months or so.
  • fuseboxfusebox Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got a 533....I was hoping that I would do a little better than that.

OSPF, OSPF, OSPF, OSPF and for good measure OSPF. icon_cry.gif

May I ask was it OSPF in the sims or OSPF in the multi choice that got you??
    Im a newbie.... please be easy on me.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tru thats what i would like to know i'm going monday morning... where there any DDR, VLSM sims also?
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
    Fusebox, it was the multiple choice questions and Keenan, there wasn't any of those sims.
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    No sweat, you get em' next time.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Dont let it get to you too much, a lot of people fail ccna on the first attempt. Stick at the study, from the resutls breakdown you should be able to arget your weakness areas, and dont leave it ages before you tackle it again
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • hc2abhc2ab Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:
    Dont let it get to you too much, a lot of people fail ccna on the first attempt. Stick at the study, from the resutls breakdown you should be able to arget your weakness areas, and dont leave it ages before you tackle it again

agreed. biggest problem with ccna is it covers so much area. You need to learn alot of new stuff, but don't need to be in deapth. That is what CCNP is for :D
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Ugh! I failed my CCNA exam today with a 835 (needed a 849 to pass). icon_cry.gif I just rushed through the exam (I had 20 minutes left after I was done), and didn't nail my sim. I rushed through the sim without fully reading the scenario. Then when I finally read it again, I had to make a lot of corrections. Although I was able to accomplish the task, I'm sure I was deducted major points for having to redo everything. I was so pissed after finding out that I failed that I wanted to retake it again right there on the spot. Anyway, time to purchase a new voucher, and schedule to retake it in two weeks. I'm gonna pass this thing if it kills me!
  • fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    hc2ab wrote:
    biggest problem with ccna is it covers so much area.
    CCNA is a tough. I received greater satifaction passing the CCNA then all the others combine. If it didn't cover as much ground it wouldn't be as valuable, and would be a CompTIA exam, lol.
    fondue wrote:
    hc2ab wrote:
    biggest problem with ccna is it covers so much area.
    CCNA is a tough. I received greater satifaction passing the CCNA then all the others combine. If it didn't cover as much ground it wouldn't be as valuable, and would be a CompTIA exam, lol.

Agreed, many places will look at the fact that you have the CCNA when they are looking to hire you. Most people laugh at CompTIA certs but I feel as if they are the foundation to go for these harder certifications.
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    porengo wrote:
    Ugh! I failed my CCNA exam today with a 835 (needed a 849 to pass). icon_cry.gif I just rushed through the exam (I had 20 minutes left after I was done), and didn't nail my sim. I rushed through the sim without fully reading the scenario.

Better luck next time :) You were really close... I too made this mistake of NOT reading the question several times(not in CCNA but in other exams) and suffered ... and i learned from the mistakes and never repeat it... If you read the question properly it takes less than 2 minutes but it brings up u with a correct answer...which worths it!!! Better luck next time :)
    :santa:
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    Thanks Sunny! I'm testing again on 2/12. I'm determined to pass this exam, and am studying on the areas I think may need to be strengthened. I was too close to passing to give up now!