Request RFID+ Sub-Forum

lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Moderators,

Can you make an RFID+ sub-forum under CompTIA? Not sure how many others would like to see it but we are in the beginning phases of implementing RFID at the Hospital I work at and I'm just curious how often RFID is being used out there. Thanks!!

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You're the first person to ask about a RFID+ cert forum so it'll probably be fairly quiet in there...
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yeah, not enough traffic for an separate RFID+ forum, but I'm not sure why we don't have an "All other CompTIA Certifications" forum. There must be a reason.
  • lnsomnialnsomnia Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did a search just for how many posts mentioned "RFID" and there were 50+ posts related to the topic. This obviously isn't a huge number but most are under the general certification section. It would be easier for everyone if an RFID+ sub-forum would be created so that those that are interested can browse the posts easier, rather than trying to pick them out in a general forum.

I remember when ITIL was being requested and then implemented into the forums here, that section has since flourished, I feel RFID will gain momentum in the years to come and having this section on TechExams.net will only solidify this website as being one of the places to come for information on the subject.

Thanks Mods for all your hard work!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On a related note, what happened to the comments/suggestions forum from before the migration?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    lnsomnia wrote: »
    I did a search just for how many posts mentioned "RFID" and there were 50+ posts related to the topic. This obviously isn't a huge number but most are under the general certification section.
    There are 50+ posts but if you read them, quite a large number aren't actually about RFID. It just briefly mentions it because it lists CompTIA courses or talks about CWNA.
    dynamik wrote: »
    On a related note, what happened to the comments/suggestions forum from before the migration?
    It's still here and with posts dating back to 2003. Can't you see it? If we moved it up into the General section maybe more people would notice it more. It's hardly used, really.
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    I agree.
    A subforum that has the less popular CompTIA exams (RFID+, Convergence+, etc.) should be created. And they might as well toss all of those iNet+ threads into the new subforum since that's been discountined (but the threads might still be of some use to someone).
    Usus magister est optimus
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    It's still here and with posts dating back to 2003. Can't you see it? If we moved it up into the General section maybe more people would notice it more. It's hardly used, really.

No, I can't. It hasn't been accessible since the change-over. What section do you see it in? I thought it used to be under "Other" down at the bottom.

I actually spent a couple of hours one day trying to track down an old thread. I was having absolutely no luck, but then I remembered it was in that forum and noticed it no longer was accessible. I didn't say anything because it was probably for something stupid icon_lol.gif