Passed CCENT!

MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed my CCENT this afternoon with a 987! I am so thrilled to see all of my hard work and hours upon hours of studying pay off. I used:

Wendell Odom - Official Exam Certification Guide
Cisco Learning Network
CBTNuggets
And some older cisco books I had laying around from school.

However, I am a bit concerned because immediately after my exam I had to leave for the weekend. I was in such a hurry that I did not get a chance to really read over the sheet they gave me. I know there was a website and some instructions on there. Is this something I HAVE to complete within a certain amount of time? I feel like a jerk for not reading over it but I was just in such a hurry. Any information anyone can give about that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, ON TO THE ICND2!!

Comments

• XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    No, the instructions just tell you where to go to register and check results. You will have to confirm your address and such through Cisco, but nothing is time sensitive.

*edit* and grats
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info
  • hooklowhooklow Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratz, go enjoy your weekend, celebrate, check your email once you are back, it can wait
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, nearly perfect. Good for you icon_cheers.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Go enjoy your weekend drunken_smilie.gif and don't even worry about creating your Certification Tracking System login until next week.

You'll get the same information in an email (so check your spam filters) sometime next week (at the earliest).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Congratulations sir!
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass :)
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass!

Good luck with the rest of the CCNA.
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MikeO5422 wrote: »
    I passed my CCENT this afternoon with a 987! I am so thrilled to see all of my hard work and hours upon hours of studying pay off. I used:

Wendell Odom - Official Exam Certification Guide
    Cisco Learning Network
    CBTNuggets
    And some older cisco books I had laying around from school.

However, I am a bit concerned because immediately after my exam I had to leave for the weekend. I was in such a hurry that I did not get a chance to really read over the sheet they gave me. I know there was a website and some instructions on there. Is this something I HAVE to complete within a certain amount of time? I feel like a jerk for not reading over it but I was just in such a hurry. Any information anyone can give about that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, ON TO THE ICND2!!

Great Score! ~ Congratulations!

What was your final routine on studying a week or two out?
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • biggy145biggy145 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat on ur exams, can you pls say how long you studied for this exam. I am taking the exam in 2 weeks and need to know roughly how long i need to study.
    thanks in advance
  • Solaris_UNIXSolaris_UNIX Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations. That's a really good score icon_thumright.gif

ps -e -o pid | xargs -t -n1 pfiles | grep "port: $PORT"

dtrace -n 'syscall::write:entry { @num[zonename] = count(); }'

http://get.a.clue.de/Fun/advsh.html

http://www.perturb.org/display/entry/462/
  • MikeO5422MikeO5422 Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The last week or two I just went over my binder every single day, performed all my show commands, practiced subnetting and reconfigured my entire lab about 6 or so times. 4 to 5 days before the exam I used the Boson Exam Environment that came with Wendell Odom's ICND1 Official Exam Cert. Guide. That more than anything REALLY got me in the mindset for the exam. Those questions really make you think.

I studied for this exam for about 5 months. The first few were just sort of on and off reading and the last two months I really buckled down and studied almost every day.
  • fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MikeO5422 wrote: »
    The last week or two I just went over my binder every single day, performed all my show commands, practiced subnetting and reconfigured my entire lab about 6 or so times. 4 to 5 days before the exam I used the Boson Exam Environment that came with Wendell Odom's ICND1 Official Exam Cert. Guide. That more than anything REALLY got me in the mindset for the exam. Those questions really make you think.

I studied for this exam for about 5 months. The first few were just sort of on and off reading and the last two months I really buckled down and studied almost every day.

well noted and great score!
    WIP:
    Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
    Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops