Sat the Linux+ 2009 Beta

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I sat the exam today and would have found it very easy had I prepared better. As it stands I think I passed but would not be shocked by a fail either.

The questions in general were quite easy. Many were like this:

Which of these programs is a blahblah server?
Or
Which of these tools would you use to acomplish blah?

There were some more challenging questions that touched more on the server admin side of things that I found easy as they were topics that are the same for Windows servers or Linux. DNS is DNS, HTTP is HTTP, etc.

I had few questions I would find Redhat Specific. Other people mentioned RPM was hit hard. Not so for me. I recall others mentioned the 2004 objectives had a lot of A+ style questions. I had nothing I would consider A+ in nature.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I sat the exam today and would have found it very easy had I prepared better.

Can't that be applicable to any exam? icon_lol.gif

Well good luck. When are the results supposed to be released? Q4/Q1?
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    dynamik wrote: »

Well good luck. When are the results supposed to be released? Q4/Q1?

C/O CompTIA ;) :

Seems like since the database error and the constant invitation to more beta testers, the Linux+ score cut off conference has been pushed back nearly to the end of October.

* CompTIA Server+ Cut Score Workshop, Sept. 28-Oct.2
    * CompTIA Linux+ Cut Score Workshop, Oct. 19-23 <
    * CompTIA CDIA+ Job Task Analysis, Nov. 2-4

So, probably November/December providing they stop extending the BETA.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote: »

Well good luck.

Yes, I suppose it can be... I just mean this was an easy test. I just don't know that I passed it. Although I really hope I did so I can try to catch up with you! Only one week of study, though and with a death in the family I just didn't put the time in.

Now I just need to take the final test for MCITP DBA 05 and then I am taking a break... House is a mess, yard is a mess... Time for homeimprovement+
  • sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    I sat the exam today and would have found it very easy had I prepared better. As it stands I think I passed but would not be shocked by a fail either.

The questions in general were quite easy. Many were like this:

Which of these programs is a blahblah server?
    Or
    Which of these tools would you use to acomplish blah?

There were some more challenging questions that touched more on the server admin side of things that I found easy as they were topics that are the same for Windows servers or Linux. DNS is DNS, HTTP is HTTP, etc.

I had few questions I would find Redhat Specific. Other people mentioned RPM was hit hard. Not so for me. I recall others mentioned the 2004 objectives had a lot of A+ style questions. I had nothing I would consider A+ in nature.

When does the 2009 move out of Beta? I thought it was this September, no?

I'm looking on Comptia's website, and they don't seem to mention (unless I'm blind) this newer exam.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Kind of odd. It's not very easy to find any info on it. But if you go to the Download Objectives page it will be one of the exams for which you can download objectives. I expect it will go live early next year or very late this year.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Kind of odd. It's not very easy to find any info on it. But if you go to the Download Objectives page it will be one of the exams for which you can download objectives. I expect it will go live early next year or very late this year.

For your eyes, from CompTIA:

* CompTIA Linux+ Cut Score Workshop, Oct. 19-23 <

So, late final quarter. :) Hopefully.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."