Apparently the 5th time is the charm

pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
6th months & 5 tests later...I finally passed the damn thing with an 889!! Ah, I swear I was giving up after this one, this has been a very tough experience failing over and over. After the first test I realized it was not a test I was going to breeze through relying on my experience since I have used and administered XP for 4 years plus. I took the final four seriously. First test was like 580, then the next three were all 632 (I was so upset the second two times having the exact same score...thought there was a flaw somewhere seriously).

I used the MS Press, Exam Cram, virtual PC and this site for studying...and the fact that I took the thing five times probably helped being I saw many questions that were familiar from previous tests. I was stubborn about Transcender and didn't want to spend 70 bucks on practice exams when the subject is something I have done for 4 years (Probably would have passed 3 tests ago eh?). This site was a great last minute review for me so thank you for that.

On to 290, hopefully it is as similar to the 270 as everyone says. I already have the MS press for it. So don't feel bad if you are on test three, I failed four times before I finally got it. icon_cheers.gif

Big Woot,
Patrick

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I've had enough to drink to believe that's the way that expression is supposed to go... congrats!
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I've never understood why this test is deemed so difficult.

The hardest part for me was getting blindsided by RIS because I had never used it. They should have updated the test for WDS but i think its just too long in the tooth to do that now.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Congrads on the pass, also respect on not giving up!
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • thuggthugg Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on the next exam, you are going to ace it.
  • kamarulazrinkamarulazrin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The most I've ever heard of people retaking their test/exam was a friend of mine who took his driving test 3 times before passing. You, my friend, are on a different level - wherever that is.

Congrats!!Superb persistence & determination!!icon_cheers.gif
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    pmmcateer wrote: »
    6th months & 5 tests later...I finally passed the damn thing with an 889!! Ah, I swear I was giving up after this one, this has been a very tough experience failing over and over. After the first test I realized it was not a test I was going to breeze through relying on my experience since I have used and administered XP for 4 years plus. I took the final four seriously. First test was like 580, then the next three were all 632 (I was so upset the second two times having the exact same score...thought there was a flaw somewhere seriously).

I used the MS Press, Exam Cram, virtual PC and this site for studying...and the fact that I took the thing five times probably helped being I saw many questions that were familiar from previous tests. I was stubborn about Transcender and didn't want to spend 70 bucks on practice exams when the subject is something I have done for 4 years (Probably would have passed 3 tests ago eh?). This site was a great last minute review for me so thank you for that.

On to 290, hopefully it is as similar to the 270 as everyone says. I already have the MS press for it. So don't feel bad if you are on test three, I failed four times before I finally got it. icon_cheers.gif

Big Woot,
    Patrick

For anyone familiar with the old Budweiser ads...

Here's to you Mr. Windows XP Professional test, taking it 5 times guy. When the going got tough, you kept on going... The 1st time, wasn't good enough, no, you had to take the exam not twice, not three times, not even 4 times. No, you went for the whole enchilada, 5 TIMES.... So crack open a nice ice cold Bud Light Mr. Windows XP Professional test, taking it 5 times guy...You put the perserve into Persevence....

(I hope somebody on this board gets the above reference)
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WilliamK99 wrote: »

Here's to you Mr. Windows XP Professional test, taking it 5 times guy. When the going got tough, you kept on going... The 1st time, wasn't good enough, no, you had to take the exam not twice, not three times, not even 4 times. No, you went for the whole enchilada, 5 TIMES.... So crack open a nice ice cold Bud Light Mr. Windows CP Professional test, taking it 5 times guy...You put the perserve into Persevence....

I got it!!!
    Good one!

Oh, and pmmcateer... congratz!!!
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□

Here's to you Mr. Windows XP Professional test, taking it 5 times guy. When the going got tough, you kept on going... The 1st time, wasn't good enough, no, you had to take the exam not twice, not three times, not even 4 times. No, you went for the whole enchilada, 5 TIMES.... So crack open a nice ice cold Bud Light Mr. Windows XP Professional test, taking it 5 times guy...You put the perserve into Persevence....

very funny!! Classic! icon_thumright.gif

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□

LMAO...nice William. I like the Halftime Scoreboard Marriage proposal guy..."you've combined the three things that matter the most, your Favorite Team, the love of your life, and lots and lots of attention (Look at MEEEEE!)"

Your first proposal, her hand in marriage. Your second proposal, two more jumbo chili cheese dogs!
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats! Way to stick with it!
    Dustin Leefers
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

Mr-Windows-XP-Professional-MCP-test-taaaker-guyyy....

icon_lol.gif congrats and you have SOME determination!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security