Options

MSCA - which order?

sammaellsammaell Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
i got moved into the IT department (at my request) for my company just over 12 months ago. its a win2k server/network, with some xp machines and any new servers we install we install win2003 server.

ive decided i'd like to get some certifications now that i have a year under my belt in IT.

which order would the exams be best studied/tested for in MCSA ? what are considered the best books to study?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    JerzJerz Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well... you should probably go 270, 290, 291 and fill in with your electives (www.microsoft.com/learning). As far as books go you should use more than one source, the MS press books seem to be good and I just picked up a Syngress book that I realy am getting fond of and although very thick it is very readable and CBT's are always good for a different perspective. After you've done all that, practice tests from a reputable company (such as Measure-Up or Transcender) are always good for final polishing. Oh and a home lab is always nice for practice.

Cheers!

Jerz
  • Options
    cliffjag1987cliffjag1987 Member Posts: 206
    It doesn't matter which order you study but i would begin with the client OS first 70-270 (if MCSA2003) or 70-210 (if MCSA 2000) & so on.

The Books :
    1)Sybex
    2)Ms Press Training Kit

Help Materials :
    1)Crams ( after done reading your book )
    2)Technotes ( from this site ) & ( MC MCSE.com)

Practice exams :
    1)Transcender
    2)Preplogic
    3)Measure Up
    4)Selftest Software
    5)this Site Itself & MC MCSE.com

So thats it , I hope i helped you alot. Maybe some other peoples can give you more suggestions.

I wish you good luck with studying.

CLIFF
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you want to use A+ & Net+ as your elective, take them first. If you want to use Sec+ or another MS exam as your elective, I would take it last.

The usual order seems to be:
    2000 -> Client Exam, 215, 218
    2003 -> Client Exam, 290, 291
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    sammaellsammaell Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□