Passed SY0-201 with 890

Gaztop1Gaztop1 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi GUys, did my SY0-201 this past friday and passed with 890 , found it a bit challenging but not something anyone who puts in the effort can't pass first time!

Anyone got suggestions on other Security Certifications worth attempting ? i been told CISSP is the route to go but i think i am still a bit new to security scene to attempt that monster.

Gaz

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations!

Since you have your CCNA, how about CCNA:S?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • LaosLadyLaosLady Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! :D
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Baldeagle79Baldeagle79 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gaztop1 wrote: »
    Hi GUys, did my SY0-201 this past friday and passed with 890 , found it a bit challenging but not something anyone who puts in the effort can't pass first time!

Anyone got suggestions on other Security Certifications worth attempting ? i been told CISSP is the route to go but i think i am still a bit new to security scene to attempt that monster.

Gaz

That's an excellent score! I'm taking SYO-201 tomorrow myself. I've been in the security arena most of my adult life (mostly in the Air Force), and I've focused on education, as opposed to certs in the past. This will be my first time testing for a cert. If you got 890 out of 900, then you did a good job of preparing for the exam, and you would probably do well with CISSP (still probably the top dog in the security arena).

My strategy so far is to use the Sybex books (Stewart's Review and Dulaney's guide), as well as Transcender's online access (30 days for $69). I've been told that Transcender is really the best, but I have nothing to compare it to. They have 351 questions, which I've memorized to the letter, but I'm trying to make sure I know why the wrong answers are wrong to all the questions, as well.

One word of Caution about Sybex's companion CD, I find some inaccuracies there. Just today I noticed on the Review guide (Stewart's book) CD the flashcards called ECC "error correction code" when referring to asymmetric cryptography...it's Elliptical Curve Cryptography (if the exam says ECC I guess you'd be fine, but error-checking code is something else entirely. I've noticed a few odds and ends like that.
  • rivecj44rivecj44 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You can look at Preplogic but be advised the Tech support/Costumer Support is a absolutely terrible. The price for their access to the database is not too bad and you can make monthly payments.