interview tomorrow morning for IT/LAN Administrator

adeeteeadeetee Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have an interview first thing in the morning tomorrow for the position of IT/LAN Administrator.

I have CCNA Security certification, but have no practical experience in Network Support.
I have been doing Windows/Server/Application Support for a number of years.
I wanted to know the functions of the job profile & the tools network admins use these days for monitoring.

I have done my homework & have been collecting material googling tools n stuff..

Any help/ advices/interview questions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Wish List :
CISSP...

Comments

• L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    adeetee wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have an interview first thing in the morning tomorrow for the position of IT/LAN Administrator.

I have CCNA Security certification, but have no practical experience in Network Support.
    I have been doing Windows/Server/Application Support for a number of years.
    I wanted to know the functions of the job profile & the tools network admins use these days for monitoring.

I have done my homework & have been collecting material googling tools n stuff..

Any help/ advices/interview questions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Good luck to you! Just stay calm and do your best. I'm sure you will be fine.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, hope all goes well.

Btw, i always find that if you dont know something then dont lie and BS them.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the interview, hope it goes well.

I agree, never lie or try to BS during an interview, just be honest and if you are the right fit then it will work out, if not then not a big deal you go on to the next thing. If you try to BS and then actually get hired and can not provide what you said during an interview, you will not last that long anyway so honesty is the best policy as they say!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    nel wrote: »
    Good luck, hope all goes well.

Btw, i always find that if you dont know something then dont lie and BS them.
    This is important advice. Never try to BS in these situations. Use them as a way to show that you are resourceful and confident. Tell them exactly what you would do in such a situation in order to find the answer.
  • BigTex71BigTex71 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, find out for sure what the duties include. The job I have now was listed as (and my title is) Network Administrator, but I am more of a server/systems administrator. It seems on the job boards that some companies will interchange the word "network" and "systems" in regards to IT administration.
    A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCSE | CCNA

Currently working towards MCITP: Enterprise Admin

Current Title: Network Administrator

Actual Job Functions: Network / Server / System Administrator, Tier-3 Help Desk, Jr. Project Manager, and "The Closer"