Booked for Monday...

msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
D-Day is Monday August 31st @ 0900 hrs.
I've read through most of the posts in the 294 forum and decided not to underestimate 70-294. Although my transcender scores are helping with my confidence, there is just something about this exam... I have reserved tomorrow for an all day power study session full of labs and practice exams.
Hopefully I will be prepared enough to pass Monday morning!

Comments

• genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Best Wishes! Hope you knock it out of the park!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Read the questions from the bottom up. Look for the key word(s)that will help you see what they are looking for. The questions aren't so much tricky as specific in some cases.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck! Looks like your d-day is a few days earlier than mine :) Godspeed!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Well, I just finished going through all the questions on the transcender. I took my time and drew out all the network configurations as they were described in the questions and managed to get only one wrong. Hopefully the transcender is a fair representation of the questions that I will have on my exam tomorrow!
    For the rest of the night I am going to be studying trusts, sites, and functional levels.
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    I just got back from the testing centre and I am please to announce that I passed with a score of 723! I thought my exam score was going to be a bit higher as the questions didn't seem very difficult. There were a lot of wordy questions with all the answers very close to being correct.
    Most of my questions were on GPO, Software deployment, OU structure, and a couple on sites. I did not have a single question related to domains and trusts. *shrugs*
    There were 44 questions, with 2 sims and some drag and drop.
    I encountered the same question twice, the only difference in the two was that one had 7 more servers in the OU than the previous one. The questions and answers were word-for-word identical. I was a bit confused when I saw the second one come up. :p
    Question 15 took about 5 minutes to load, I thought that the exam crashed but was relieved when the question finally loaded.
    The next (and last!) test on the list is 70-298, which will complete my MCSE, hopefully this one will be done by the end of September! :)

Thanks to everyone who posted in this forum, your posts helped me out when preparing for this exam!

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that there was a guy that arrived when I did to take the 70-680 exam and he was done in 10 minutes! I'm not sure if he passed or not, but WTF was definitely going through my head when he got up to leave! :P
    msnelgrove wrote: »
    I just got back from the testing centre and I am please to announce that I passed with a score of 723! I thought my exam score was going to be a bit higher as the questions didn't seem very difficult. There were a lot of wordy questions with all the answers very close to being correct.
    Most of my questions were on GPO, Software deployment, OU structure, and a couple on sites. I did not have a single question related to domains and trusts. *shrugs*
    There were 44 questions, with 2 sims and some drag and drop.
    I encountered the same question twice, the only difference in the two was that one had 7 more servers in the OU than the previous one. The questions and answers were word-for-word identical. I was a bit confused when I saw the second one come up. :p
    Question 15 took about 5 minutes to load, I thought that the exam crashed but was relieved when the question finally loaded.
    The next (and last!) test on the list is 70-298, which will complete my MCSE, hopefully this one will be done by the end of September! :)

Thanks to everyone who posted in this forum, your posts helped me out when preparing for this exam!

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that there was a guy that arrived when I did to take the 70-680 exam and he was done in 10 minutes! I'm not sure if he passed or not, but WTF was definitely going through my head when he got up to leave! :P

CONGRATS!!! Good luck on 298! Hopefully Ill see you on the other side soon :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, we've had a ton of 294 passes recently. No pressure, Snadam ;)

Congrats to the OP!
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Way to go man! Way to kill it. Nice.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations 4 the pass! im preparing this exam too...but can i ask u a thing?? why usually all do the 70-298 and not the 70-297 as design exam? it's more easy? By the way thanks 4 the info ....
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations 4 the pass! im preparing this exam too...but can i ask u a thing?? why usually all do the 70-298 and not the 70-297 as design exam? it's more easy? By the way thanks 4 the info ....

I think most people take 70-298 since it is applicable towards both MCSE: Messaging and MCSE: Security. 70-297 doesn't count towards MCSE: Security.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ah that is the reason! oh well, i would like to get mcsa:messaging and mcse:messaging, is my path correct?
    70-270
    70-290
    70-291
    70-293
    70-294
    70-284
    70-285
    70-297

Thank u
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wow, we've had a ton of 294 passes recently. No pressure, Snadam ;)

Congrats to the OP!

nope, none at all icon_cry.gif

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm sure you'll ace it when you take it :D
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats on the pass, well done!
    Dustin Leefers
  • randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sweet! congrats on the pass. I hope I have the same luck on the 12th. Then it will be on to the 298