Trouble Accessing the CompTIA Certs

Has anyone else tried accessing the CompTIA.org certification progress login page lately.

I've been trying to log for a few days and get this:

Career ID is Unavailable

I'm just checking to see if there was another way to see it.

Thanks.

Comments

• lenmacpeilenmacpei Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's been like that for the last few days, I don't know what's up.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Perhaps they are redesigning the layout of the certification website?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Looks like they're experiencing some technical difficulties:
    The CompTIA credential manager system is currently down. While we are working on restoring service as soon as possible, we ask that you check back periodically for service restoration or any service message updates. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this service outage.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • grayfox587grayfox587 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i just called them about recieving my net+ cert and they said there databases are down and wont be up till next week
  • sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wow, perhaps they need some server+/a+/lin+ folks in house to speed up recovery... thats a long outage. i would be fired if i had a customer facing app down over a week.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    sidsanders wrote: »
    wow, perhaps they need some server+/a+/lin+ folks in house to speed up recovery... thats a long outage. i would be fired if i had a customer facing app down over a week.

Can anyone else see the irony? HaHa
  • nutech444nutech444 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    same here, I called them for my Net+ and A+ today they told me a week or two unbelievable.
    I actually received an email thanking me for taking the Server+ Beta exam the other day. It was either a mistake or I've got to stop drinking so much that I blackout and take Certification exams.
    I actually received an email thanking me for taking the Server+ Beta exam the other day. It was either a mistake or I've got to stop drinking so much that I blackout and take Certification exams.

Yes, thank-you. ;)
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    oh wow, that's not good. If they don't know who took the exam, then how in blazes are they supposed to grade the damn things?! GAH! I worried enough when they were calling me about me not getting a score on my beta, now I have to worry about them losing the records they already got twice from my test center? Good gravy...

skrpune wrote: »
    oh wow, that's not good. If they don't know who took the exam, then how in blazes are they supposed to grade the damn things?! GAH! I worried enough when they were calling me about me not getting a score on my beta, now I have to worry about them losing the records they already got twice from my test center? Good gravy...

with the topics they want you to know for various certs they offer, they dont seem to have implemented ANY of them!!! if you have decent backups, fault tolerance, HA, etc, they shouldnt be down for more than a week. unless they had a scenario where they had to fail to a backup site or something crazy happened, this seems really odd. its almost like they are now manually re-entering all the data, hence the long "recovery" time.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • ricojonahricojonah Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    COMPTIA's outage is truly an unfortunate mishap. This is impacting COMPTIA member in many substantial ways. Individuals who are applying for jobs cannot have their credentials verified by their prospective employers, and students who are pending certification evaluations for college credit are facing upcoming deadlines for the fall semester.

If anyone else feels so inclined, please join me in (respectfully) presenting your concern about this incident to COMPTIA directly at:

Contact Us
    ricojonah wrote: »
    If anyone else feels so inclined, please join me in (respectfully) presenting your concern about this incident to COMPTIA directly at:

Contact Us

Really show them you are concerned and call them collect.

I can see that being an issue for an employer trying to check this out before hiring someone. Especially if there is a need to quickly hire someone.
  • ricojonahricojonah Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just for reference, you can have COMPTIA contact your prospective employer, school, etc. to officially notify them (via email) of the currently unavailable system. You can have them write the email in reference to your request (make sure you provide your name for inclusion in their email).

You can contact them at their world headquarters office at 630.678.8300

Until the problem is resolved, this will at least help you try & keep your foot in the door!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    ricojonah wrote: »
    COMPTIA's outage is truly an unfortunate mishap. This is impacting COMPTIA member in many substantial ways. Individuals who are applying for jobs cannot have their credentials verified by their prospective employers, and students who are pending certification evaluations for college credit are facing upcoming deadlines for the fall semester.

Contact Us

Couldn't someone just tell the hiring company/school that the CompTia
    records database is down and then present them with the score sheets???
    That's what I would do. Matter fact, that's what I have to do to get college
    credit for the 602 after I pass it. I might see if I can mail in a copy.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just give them your ID# and have them give CompTIA a call.
    There is a new message on their site now:

"We are currently experiencing a prolonged service outage and appreciate your patience during this time. While we don’t have an estimated date when we will be back on line, we ask that you check back weekly for outage updates. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Check back weekly? This is outrageous! I would hate to be the person(s) responsible for this database. I wish them all the best in their new career of being unemployed.
  • joehoperjoehoper Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agreed, completely unacceptable. I didn't spend hundreds of pounds on certification to be locked out with "no estimated date" of availability. Got a job interview tomorrow which I would really have liked to email confirmation to this evening and need A+ to get onto Network+ course in early September!

Ironic, but really not amusing...
  • ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just tried logging on to see about notifying Microsoft about my CompTIA certs. This is not good. This looks so bad for CompTIA. Check back weekly? Wow.
    I've still got 2 more tests till I get my MCSA, maybe the CompTIA site will be back up by then!:D
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • nutech444nutech444 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I checked with the service reps at comptia they cannot access any records as well ,looks like some serious damage has occurred.

Why don't they ask the service reps to bridge the gap, give an option to process the requests manually till the career id site is up and running.
  • BubbaJSmithBubbaJSmith Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed SY0-201 two weeks ago and still have yet to be able to request my certificate or send verification for two job interviews I had last week (the score sheet has been fine, though). <rant> It's just completely frustrating and seems unacceptable for a global IT organization to have an outage of any length of time. Disaster recovery? Redundancy? Backups? Anything? It's taking so long that I feel like they're rebuilding the database from paper records or something. We all pay a lot of $$ for that piece of paper, I should be able to call customer service and get it if the site is down, not just sit and wait with no explanation. icon_mad.gif </end rant>

I did find this on another site for another theory of what's going on.
    I passed SY0-201 two weeks ago and still have yet to be able to request my certificate or send verification for two job interviews I had last week (the score sheet has been fine, though). <rant> It's just completely frustrating and seems unacceptable for a global IT organization to have an outage of any length of time. Disaster recovery? Redundancy? Backups? Anything? It's taking so long that I feel like they're rebuilding the database from paper records or something. We all pay a lot of $$ for that piece of paper, I should be able to call customer service and get it if the site is down, not just sit and wait with no explanation. icon_mad.gif </end rant>

I did find this on another site for another theory of what's going on.

HAHA, nice find!!! that links post #3... IF thats true, WOW (not saying it is true). who does upgrades/migrations that result in prolonged down time, seemingly unknown schedules, and poor end user communication???

i can imagine the project plan for this...
    1. lets make changes to the site!!!
    2. lets tell no one and do it whenever!!!!
    3. if any one asks how long this will take, who knows, cuz we dont either...

to be fair, im kind of having fun at comptia's expense since this issue seems sooooo much against what is covered in many of the tests they provide.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • mrclymermrclymer Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nutech444 wrote: »
    I checked with the service reps at comptia they cannot access any records as well ,looks like some serious damage has occurred.

Why don't they ask the service reps to bridge the gap, give an option to process the requests manually till the career id site is up and running.

What you can do though is email the execs and see if this can come back up quickly. You can click on the about us link and see the executives and the board of directors. Executive Team Maybe if they feel the fire that their frontline customer service reps are feeling, they may take action quicker and avoid a loss of reputation that seems to be self-inflicted.
  • IBM_CertIBM_Cert Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I emailed them. This was their reply.

Dear candidate,

CompTIA is currently experiencing a service outage with our database provider and therefore will be unable to process your email regarding your certification. Should you have a general inquiry regarding our certification exams, objectives, testing centers, etc. please visit http://www.comptia.org/certifications/testprep.aspx otherwise, we ask that you check back with us in a week or visit www.comptia.org/certifications/yourcertifications in the future for outage updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you,

The CompTIA Customer Service Team

I picked a bad month to take my Certifications.
    Perhaps demanding some free vouchers is in order.
    IBM_Cert wrote: »
    I emailed them. This was their reply.

Dear candidate,

CompTIA is currently experiencing a service outage with our database provider and therefore will be unable to process your email regarding your certification. Should you have a general inquiry regarding our certification exams, objectives, testing centers, etc. please visit http://www.comptia.org/certifications/testprep.aspx otherwise, we ask that you check back with us in a week or visit www.comptia.org/certifications/yourcertifications in the future for outage updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you,

The CompTIA Customer Service Team

I picked a bad month to take my Certifications.
    From Wayne's Head: CompTIA outage
    Comptia Website Down - ProProfs Forums

both those links would indicate mid to late sept, if you can believe the "sources"... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ill say it again, if i had a customer facing app down a few DAYS i would be fired. the explanation for this should be top notch hilarity.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
    sidsanders wrote: »
    From Wayne's Head: CompTIA outage
    Comptia Website Down - ProProfs Forums

both those links would indicate mid to late sept, if you can believe the "sources"... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ill say it again, if i had a customer facing app down a few DAYS i would be fired. the explanation for this should be top notch hilarity.
    Luckily I have hard copies of my certifications. This is a bit ridiculous. :/
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Maybe this long outage demonstrates the quality of their certs too :D
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    well, there's a different message on their site now:
    CompTIA is currently transitioning its database services to a new vendor. We’re moving to a new platform that will enable us to provide the IT professional community with a higher level of engagement and service.
    During the conversion period candidates will temporarily be unable to access their records from the automated self-service Web site. Resumption of that service should occur in the coming weeks. Please check back occasionally for updated messaging or accessibility.
    We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause and ask that if you have any questions or need immediate assistance, contact CompTIA directly at (630) 678-8300, ext. 5, or via e-mail at questions@comptia.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition period.
    Any level of service would be higher than where it's at now... icon_sad.gif

I figured that was the cause. Wouldn't you think that when you switched over your database to a new vendor, that the new vendor would be up and running before you took down the original vendor?

They might want to have that Project Manager read the Project+ book.