Wip: Jncip m/t

hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
Hi Guys,

Just came back from the prometric test centre.. Wrote my JNCIS and scored quite unbelievably... Here is the proof...

I had been studying for 3 months now plus some additional AJNR classes that my manager approved.. He understands that I am a security guy who loves his routing protocols more.. :)

Thank you group.. I only wish people start posting more..would love the number of views actually become the number of posts :)

Cheers,
Hoogen
IS-IS Sleeps.
BGP peers are quiet.
Something must be wrong.

Comments

• AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Nice score! With that much understanding under your belt you'll breeze through the JNCIP no problem. IMHO I thought that the IP was easier then the IS. Although I think that it was easier for me because it was more enjoyable to study for, I'm a hands on guy and so being able to do the labs was a blast.

I can't agree more, we need more posts here. And then maybe I can be the Juniper forum Mod icon_wink.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

What did you use to study? Did you "Olive" or do you have Juniper hardware at work/home?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Hi,

Thanks all..

Study Materials:

JNCIS-M/T Study guide...I think this book has so much information.. I do have most knowledge on routing protocols so no worries there.. so I was more practicing on the MPLS/IPv6/CoS/VPN stuff... As Aldur pointed out.. it covers a lot more than what JNCIP covers.. I also attended the AJNR course.. That was really good too.. I have Juniper Hardware to play with at work.. so no Olive's for me..

Cheers,
    Hoogen
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Congrats!!
    That's very impressive, yet not surprising given what you have already accomplished ;)

What are your plans for the JNCIP?
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    I only wish people start posting more..would love the number of views actually become the number of posts :)

I agree. Maybe more folks will post now that Fast Track is currently free.

Aldur wrote: »
    I can't agree more, we need more posts here. And then maybe I can be the Juniper forum Mod icon_wink.gif

I'd nominate.
    Lab first, ask questions later
    Hi Seraphus,

Thanks again for the wishes.. For the JNCIP I do have my J-series router lab set up, So for now I am planning to just follow the book and do the labs. I do have the Advanced Policy materials so that would also be a great practice.. I haven't planned on the timeline yet.. but will work hard on it..

-Hoogen
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Dear on your success!

Regards,
    Toufiq-ur-Rehman
    JNCIP-M/T Preparing
    Thanks toufiq.. I see that you are going for the December lab.. Where are you planning to take it ..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • toufiqtoufiq Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks,
    Juniper have started for conducting the JNCIP-M/T lab exam in my country(Pakistan, Islamabad) and I am currently preparing for Dec, 2009.

First of all, I made my theory strong from JNCIA-M and JNCIS-M books becasue if you don't know basic concepts then you can't prove your self in market and further JNCIP becomes understandable for deeply preparation of first two courses(JNCIA-M & JNCIS-M).

my study is going fine and i ma fully satisfied and confident.
    In case of any guidance, I have some JNCIE friends for support.

Regards,
    Toufiq
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, sweet man. I thought no one would ever tie my score :)
    Definitely keep the momentum alive and go after the JNCIP!
    You should be able to ace the lab as well in December.
    Way to go man!
    Thanks Zoidberg... I see that you have a new picture... nice... I haven't booked any lab for now... but yes I am putting in effort everyday... I had also got JNCIA-ER with a 100... :)
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    I had also got JNCIA-ER with a 100... :)

dang incredibly intelligent people! ;)

man you got this stuff down good. You'll breeze through the IP without having to blink :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender