Options

Monitoring NDRs

Hello all,
following this article, I succeded to get a copy of the NDRs that sometimes my internal users get.
I notice that still no e-mail address is displayed to the users when they receive the NDR though, so they are unable to reply.
Is this the correct way or I missed something?
Thank You.

rj

P.s. Exchange 2007
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm confused you would not want your users to reply to an NDR message. As the Administrator you would review the NDR mailbox or the user would forward the message to you. Maybe I'm not following, please elaborate.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    Starke wrote: »
    I'm confused you would not want your users to reply to an NDR message. As the Administrator you would review the NDR mailbox or the user would forward the message to you. Maybe I'm not following, please elaborate.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. You really don't want them to respond to it. As stated above you could have the user forward you a copy of the NDR.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Well, I don't need really direct replies by my users, I asked just if it is correct following that procedure, that internal NDRs don't result to be sent from the internal postmaster address I created and what you are telling me is a confirmation.
    I am glad to not receive direct replies by my users to the NDRs. :)
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.