Options

Setting up small VMware lab - XP Pro Trial?

ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm setting up a simple 1 server/ 1 client lab in VMware. I have downloaded the 180 day trial of Server 2003. I went to get a trial of XP Pro and discovered there was none! From what I can tell, it's been gone for a while now from MS. So, my question is, what do I do? Or better yet, what have all those people who have done this since the trial has disappeared done?
Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You don't have a copy of XP? You could just install it and not activate it if you're really in a pinch.

A better solution would be to get a Technet Plus subscription, which gives you access to all MS products without any limitations or restrictions. They're a bit pricey at $349/year ($249/year to renew).
  • Options
    ResevenReseven Member Posts: 237 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do have a couple of copies of XP (Pro and Home). I guess I could do that.
    Actually I have a copy of Vista Business that I'm not using. I could put that on my laptop and use that copy of XP Pro for my lab. Hmmmm.....

I did look at the TechNet deal. A little pricey for me right now.
    Pain Gauge - my electro-industrial music project
  • Options
    thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    Without trying to get myself banned etc why not just use a hack version for a while as long as you just need to training purpose and are getting rid as soon as your done I don't see you doing much wrong

I apologize if this post is inappropriate
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TechNet Plus: Compare Direct Subscriptions & Single User Subscriptions

hit up google for coupons. Mine was <$240. wish i could tell you which one that was :P
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003