Recent 70-294 Takers..Tips?

KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
hey guys.. im taking my 70-294 next thursday.

anyone who's taken it recently want to give me a heads up on anything i should definately buckle down on?

so far im making sure I know the sims as if I can do it in my sleep.

Like deploying application with Group Policy Management Console.
Rearranging site topology with AD Sites and Services, creating new domains with dcpromo, adding new child domains to existing domains, Delegating members of an OU permissions, Applying GPO's to users/computers, changing schema's, etc.

so hopefully I can get those easy points on the sims, to help me with the others.

Definitely focusing on definitions, understanding of how/why things work.
Trying to make sure I know GPO's inside and out. Deploying applications, principle of trusts.

I failed this exam twice already.. 586 the first time, 624 the second time. Havent taken it since Febuary, lil nervous something strange/new is going to pop up and bite me in the arse.

so any tips or advice would be super helpful.

also.. Saturday (after 294) I'm taking on 298 for the first time, and 299 on Sunday.

So wish me luck if you have no tips, advice for me.

okay back to studying.. icon_study.gif

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a lot of tests in a short time. for the 294, I'd be comfortable with GPOs, trusts, OUs, and AD policies.
    You may see some sims, I had a few of them. The questions aren't so much difficult as, you have to read carefully.
  • jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    Too many exams to take in just one week and besides, you already failed 294 twice. My advise dude, reschedule 298 and 299. concentrate on 294 for the moment....hope that you can nail it this time.... practice on GPO, Replications and Trust relationships...
  • massiramonesmassiramones Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    + 1 too much exams!!
    i gonna schedule 294 in few weeks too, but 4 me is better to take one step at time, or ur mind will be confused, no?
    Try to pass this one, and then think for 298, 299, at least u'll feel more confortable maybe...
    But if is this ur choise, well ,good luck man
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    read carefully, know what they are asking.
    One thing that caught me off guard was questions where you had to select multiple answers. I was used to the ones where each option you select is part of the solution. But they also have questions where each one you select is a complete solution. The tricky part about it, was that some of the answers could have been used for both types of questions, and if you didn't read what type they wanted, you could be selecting something that would work, but it wasn't what the question is asking for...
  • KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    well I'm brain-dumping..

I've returned to a Microsoft bootcamp, and already been here a week, sitting in on the Sec+ Class, 270, 290 classes. Next week will be 291, 293, 294, then 298/299.

But for the past week, i've been studying 294 as I'm sitting in on the other classes for refreshers..

If I fail the 298 on Saturday, no big deal, I'll study harder, have a good idea, and retake it on Sunday.. so I can atleast leave with MCSE.

I feel pretty confident about the 70-294.. this time around I took the time to actually understand versus just memorizing answers.

Normally I'm a pretty good test taker, great ability to understand what the question is asking me.

so thanks for the advice guys. icon_thumright.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    well I'm brain-dumping..

I must ask you to define the above...
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    well I'm brain-dumping..

I've returned to a Microsoft bootcamp, and already been here a week, sitting in on the Sec+ Class, 270, 290 classes. Next week will be 291, 293, 294, then 298/299.

But for the past week, i've been studying 294 as I'm sitting in on the other classes for refreshers..

If I fail the 298 on Saturday, no big deal, I'll study harder, have a good idea, and retake it on Sunday.. so I can atleast leave with MCSE.

I feel pretty confident about the 70-294.. this time around I took the time to actually understand versus just memorizing answers.

Normally I'm a pretty good test taker, great ability to understand what the question is asking me.

so thanks for the advice guys. icon_thumright.gif

If you are brain dumping, then you deserve to have all your certifications revoked. All you are doing is cheapening what others have worked hard for.
    gee.. thanks for all your support. icon_cool.gif

I took the courses in College. I've studied the material, and done the labs more than handful of times.

is that still considered braindump?

or more less exam cramming?
    If you posted that you are brain dumping...how would you expect the other members of this forum to act?? Unless you have been doing this for years and are doing the bootcamps to get a refresher course, I find it hard to believe that anybody will really LEARN the material in that short of time...not counting any phenoms out there of course.
    you can call me a phenom LOL...

no I took this 2-3 week courses back in January, and I never heard of Active Directory before.. never installed Server 2003 or anything, never even worked in a domain environment.

I left with my MCSA:Sec, and now I'm back to finish. Every night i studied til I fell asleep, and did labs as many times as I could.

I took courses at Community College AFTER the bootcamp.. and found that there was nothing i didnt already know.. in fact i learned more at the bootcamp then i did in the class.

Only thing about the class was I got to do the labs more...

now I'm back at the bootcamp and sitting in on reviews to refresh everything so I'm ready for whats to come.

is that still considered brain-dumping? not too clear of the term "braindump"

i dont have years of experience, because you need certification to get those jobs to get that experience. catch 22... icon_rolleyes.gif
    +1 Psoasman

It's really hard ,u do 3 exams in a week?........who u are ? the son of Bill Gates??
    Dear , im in IT by 15 years now, i formatted my first pc when i was 13, and still i feel not confortable when i sit any exams of Microsoft.
    U can earn MCSE, as u earned MCSA, but study and understand what u study is an hard job, it takes lots of years...it's called " Expirience"

I just hope u'll not get a job and ur boss will tell u, " hey u have a problem MAN!"
    Anyway do what u want, but respect the administrator here, like Psoasman and Dynamik....they have the "balls"

Arrivederci
    My Point:

Getting a system admin job, or entry level admin job is almost impossible without any certifications.

I've taken computer/networking courses, I have credits, im 6 credits shy of Associates Degree in Networking Technology.

all jobs I've applied to want certifications, bachelors degree and/or security clearance.

what is one to do? how about.. learn the material, practice the labs, study, and get the certification, apply for the job, get the necessary experience to become a proficient system admin/engineer.

I'm an extremely fast learner, and hardworker, but an employer isn't going to hire me based on that. So I signed up for a microsoft bootcamp, to teach me what I'm missing, what to know, to help me get my certs, so I can throw it on the resume, and get the job entry level somewhere so I can get the experience I need.

all im saying. no disrespect, no bashing. just one lil goal-oriented IT guy trying to make it in the big bad IT world. icon_wink.gif
    gee.. thanks for all your support. icon_cool.gif

I took the courses in College. I've studied the material, and done the labs more than handful of times.

is that still considered braindump?

or more less exam cramming?

Sounds like a simple misunderstanding. You are fine. You just need to be careful how you use that term when talking about certifications. The prime definition of braindump is below:
    The phrase "brain ****" refers to confidential information relating to examinations which is obtained by examinees who memorize, then "****" (record) the information after the examination. Brain **** are also referenced to collections of exam items that have been stolen from high-stakes certification exams.[3] Brain **** are most commonly found amongst IT certification exams mainly because the exams are expensive and difficult to pass, and the questions rarely change. These type of brain **** are actual exam questions and answers that users will memorize prior to taking (or sitting for) an exam.
    Brain **** of this sort often constitute cheating because the information acquired was generally taken from material that was meant to remain secure, or information copyrighted or registered as trade secrets. Many of the larger corporations, such as Microsoft, have recently begun fighting back against the companies that mass-produce brain ****. Some of the companies producing these brain **** are up front about the nature of their products while others do not indicate that their test exams are actual exam questions. Because of this, IT certification test takers have to be wary of which exam preparation materials they use.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

so Transcender is braindump? icon_confused.gif:
    so Transcender is braindump? icon_confused.gif:

NOPE. They do not use actual test questions; they generate their own. If you need to verify any materials you have, see the link in my sig, and it should help you out.

KoolTrix i think u are here to say all of us " they are dumb, im the best"

See the certification that have who reply u, and then pray Jesus one day to have them, ur nothing, 0
    Im 0 like u now
    I checked my bootcamp...

This type of site primarily deals with students in a classroom environment. There are, however, two types of classroom environments that you should be aware of, "bootcamps" and "accelerated learning". We encourage you to look into the type of classroom training you are interested in prior to entering into any contracts. CertGuard does not see anything wrong with either method of training, as long as the materials they are providing you with adhere to the Certification Vendor's non-disclosure/exam candidate agreements and do not put your certifications at risk. NOTE: Determining the nature of the study materials provided by this classroom environment is beyond the scope of our duties.

Also, my bootcamp is a Microsoft Partner.. or gold partner or whatever it is. I forget.

I'm in the "accelerated" program.. 8 Exams in 14 Days..Sec+, 270, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298, 299

In january.. I was here for 3 weeks.. did 7 day course for A+/N+, then the 14 Day Accelerated MCSE:Sec Bootcamp.. I did not pass 294, never even took 298/299.. passed everything else tho.

Before the camp, I had no idea what Active Directory was, or ever used anything remotely related to Servers... but I was so fascinated that I took courses at local Community college, only to relearn what I already learned, but got more practice.

Landed me a Desktop Support Job, part-time, now I want Sys Admin experience, and noone will pick me up, so hopefully i get my MCSE and get picked up for entry level sys admin job.

If I don't get my 294, 298, 299.. I'm going to look into Transcender.

I'm coming back for SSCP in january so I can complete my DoD 8570.1 Compliance so it will help get me looks from government employers so I can get a security clearance.

so yeah.. sorry for the confusion.. no "braindumping" here... icon_thumright.gif

okay back to studying... icon_study.gif
    KoolTrix i think u are here to say all of us " they are dumb, im the best"

See the certification that have who reply u, and then pray Jesus one day to have them, ur nothing, 0
    Im 0 like u now

what? icon_confused.gif:

I'm just here to ask for any help/tips., maybe a few "goodlucks"
    not to be bashed on..
    I dont like u man, fu*k off away from me
  • sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i think he explained his brain-dumping comments well enough. didnt think he was trying to insult anyone...
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
    I laugh 4 this answer...lawyer u dont know who ur talking
    I think we are here to help each other
    PPL like u dont know nothing, just have the money to take a course, and talk about "im IT certified", well for me ur nothing, i have studyed always my ass off alone, never HAD TEACHER!
    Have a teacher in ur life, maybe it will help u more then a certification
    ...I checked my bootcamp...

This type of site primarily deals with students in a classroom environment. There are, however, two types of classroom environments that you should be aware of, "bootcamps" and "accelerated learning". We encourage you to look into the type of classroom training you are interested in prior to entering into any contracts. ...

...Also, my bootcamp is a Microsoft Partner..

...I'm in the "accelerated" program..

...I took courses at local Community college, only to relearn what I already learned, but got more practice....

Student Loans to pay for classes/camps/study materials and learning in a classroom and studying on my own.. omg.. im such a bad person...

i really dont get what you're getting at, or what your problem is.

I'm sensing displaced anger, perhaps some jealousy? but of what? I havent accomplished anything. Only thing I am, is in debt, I've had to pay for these courses, and the little certifications I have, havent gotten me anywhere.

I think you're misunderstanding my posts/thread.. you see it as me "bragging" that I took a few courses and got my certs.. that's not it at all.. I clearly state that I've FAILED 294.. and def been studying my *** off to get pass so I can move onto the next exam, and hopefully get my cert so I can get a decent job.
    Originally Posted by massiramones viewpost.gif
    who u are ? the son of Bill Gates??

Leave this , looser
    snadam wrote: »
    Sounds like a simple misunderstanding. You are fine. You just need to be careful how you use that term when talking about certifications. The prime definition of braindump is below:

+1 I think this has gotten out of hand. Kooltrix - Good luck on the exams. I meant no disrespect. I was surprised at the "brain dumping.." post. It looks like you are doing a refresher course. I understand about needing certs to get into a higher position, but also needing more experience. Try to get as much experience as you can, ask the admins if you can look over their shoulder, do some extra tasks for them, show 'em you're interested in moving up, many companies like to hire internally.

Mass- take a deep breath.. icon_wink.gif
    0, this is the number u are 0,0
    and hope ur future score will be like who u are, 0!
  • mikeszmikesz Member Posts: 115
    Get a life massiramones. The guy has already explained.

Mikesz
    Long term plan:
    2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
    2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
    2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP
  • Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    Calm down boys and girls.
    Maybe he means braindumb as a term for studying.
    I don't think he means ****.
    Give him the benifit of the doubt.