Options

First Timer here...Tips?

Hey guys, I'm about to take 70-298/70-299 for the first time..

anyone have any good tips/advice for me?

what to focus on? I heard 298 can be pretty lengthy/wordy, but relatively easy.

I heard 70-299 is just as bad as 291, 294.

I heard 298/299 uses alot of 291, 293.. so I guess study up on 291, 293, 298 and 299 for the 298/299?

I take 298 not tomorrow, but next saturday. and then 299 the day after (sunday)...

so if you have no tips/advice.. atleast wish me luck.. cuz I'll need it. icon_wink.gif

okay back to studying.. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    I'd just focus on the 299 MS Press book and Transcender if you have it. That should get you through both of them. All MS exams are "wordy"; that's not the problem with 298. With 298, you get things in a case-study format, where you have to read several "documents", and answer questions based around all the available information. This is the only MS exam where I was extremely short on time. I finished multiple sections with under a minute left. It can be difficult to keep track of everything. Definitely read the questions first so you have some idea of what information you're looking for, and make use of your pad and take some notes as well.
  • Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    i have the MS Press book i believe.. it comes with the lab booklette too right?
    I'm in class now, wont know what I have until I get back to my room.

If I dont pass, I'll get transcender... thanks for the advice...
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The 299 is what it is, while the 298 is how to design it. I have been reading the 298 book and it is mostly guidelines and suggestions on how to design, set up, secure your objective.
    for the 299, know your IPSec, PKI, security templates, kerberos, the authentication protocols for Web servers, SSL, hashing, etc. this exam is straightforward, mostly multiple choice.
    I haven't taken the 298 yet, but kimanyd's advice is always on.