Options

New Fast Track additions

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
Looks like there's gonna be some additions to the Fast Track program. I just got a email today about it.

Here's a summary of the new stuff.

• New Courses To Prepare for the new JNCIA-JUNOS Exam
    • Networking Fundamentals eLearning course
    • Introduction to JUNOS Software
    • JUNOS Routing Essentials
    • Troubleshooting JUNOS Platforms
  • New Courses To Prepare for the new JNCIS-SEC Exam
    • JUNOS for Security Platforms
  • New Certifications
    • JNCIA- JUNOS (This is a prerequisite to the JNCIS-SEC exam)
    • JNCIS-SEC (replaces JNCIS-ES)
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Interesting...

Perhaps that JNCIA-JUNOS explains the new logos that showed up on their CertManager website...

I was wondering what the new logos were for.
    Here's a text version of what's on them.
    Too busy to upload a pic right now.

J>Certified
    Internet <Assoc/Spec/Pro/Exp>
    JUNOS Software

Ok, ok, maybe it's lazy, not busy. Same dif :P
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    Looks like there's gonna be some additions to the Fast Track program. I just got a email today about it.

Here's a summary of the new stuff.

• New Courses To Prepare for the new JNCIA-JUNOS Exam
      • Networking Fundamentals eLearning course
      • Introduction to JUNOS Software
      • JUNOS Routing Essentials
      • Troubleshooting JUNOS Platforms
    • New Courses To Prepare for the new JNCIS-SEC Exam
      • JUNOS for Security Platforms
    • New Certifications
      • JNCIA- JUNOS (This is a prerequisite to the JNCIS-SEC exam)
      • JNCIS-SEC (replaces JNCIS-ES)

This juniper stuff seems to keep sweetening the deal. I may need to seriously reconsider doing the CCNA:S next....
  • Options
    Hmmm, I was just thinking about that JNCIA-JUNOS prereq.

New Certifications
    * JNCIA- JUNOS (This is a prerequisite to the JNCIS-SEC exam)
    * JNCIS-SEC (replaces JNCIS-ES)

From the FastTrack FAQ:

If I have already achieved a JNCIA-ER and/or a JNCIS-ER, am I required to take the
    JNCIA-JUNOS exam?

No, for those who have an existing JNCIA-ER or JNCIS-ER certification, these new courses and certifications are not required. However, if you are just beginning the process of becoming JUNOS certified, we highly recommend that you start with the introductory courses associated with the JNCIA-JUNOS certification.

So, I would assume the people with the JUNOS routing background will already meet the prereq. This may be geared more towards those coming from the ScreenOS security background to make sure they're familar with the JUNOS platform.

Now, for those that don't meet the prereq and are greatly opposed to taking another exam, you could try bypassing that prereq by taking the JNCIS-ES before it expires. Might work, might not, prolly pointless as I'm sure most people interested in the JNCIS-ES/SEC already meet the prereq, or could benefit from it.

Just some morning ramblings.... :)
  • Options
    Hehe, now with all that being said... I'm prolly still going to try the JNCIA-JUNOS out of boredom and for the fun of it :)

I just better not fail... :D
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    zoidberg wrote: »
    So, I would assume the people with the JUNOS routing background will already meet the prereq. This may be geared more towards those coming from the ScreenOS security background to make sure they're familar with the JUNOS platform.

Yea, from what I'm told the exam will be geared more toward people with no JUNOS exp at all. Also, the test is supposed to be a very basic entry level cert so any current JNCIA is supposed to be more advanced.
    Hehe, now with all that being said... I'm prolly still going to try the JNCIA-JUNOS out of boredom and for the fun of it :)

I just better not fail... :D

haha, I think I just might do the same, it's gonna be free to take so why not. Don't worry, if you fail, I'll just fail too. That way you won't be the only 2x JNCIE to fail the intro JUNOS exam ;)
    Just some morning ramblings.... :)

I feel that way with just about anything you say :p
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    curtisdaleycurtisdaley Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Junip needs to make their program like the net acad, would make their learning so much easier!