Beta study materials

L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
For you guys who are taking the Project+ Beta, what books are you using to study?
I bring nothing useful to the table...

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just ordered the book from the current objectives.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Divine-AssaultDivine-Assault Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the Sybex Project+ for the PK0-002 exam and let me just say that reading this book is not the most fun I've ever had. Hopefully going to take this exam this Friday so I can start my Microsoft path.
    Currently Studying for: 70-291

Life is too precious to waste...

Check out my Blog! :D
    www.oreillybookreviews.blogspot.com
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I bought the Sybex Project+ for the PK0-002 exam and let me just say that reading this book is not the most fun I've ever had. Hopefully going to take this exam this Friday so I can start my Microsoft path.

I bought the same one. This thing looks like it should be cake to be honest with you.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Sybex book here too. The thing I'm going to have the hardest time with is memorizing parts of the charter and some vocabulary (I suck at memorization), but that shouldn't be too too difficult.
    And now that I've jinxed myself...icon_lol.gif
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I already had the Sybex book, as I was planning on taking the Project+ eventually... I admit, however, that I have only read the first 5 chapters and that was about 6 months ago.

From what I remember, it was kind of dry material, but I do like Sybex, and as usual I was finding the Sybex test engine to be a big help.
    My sybex book just came in today. Now I have to hurry and cram for this test.
    12 days.....
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    My sybex book just came in today. Now I have to hurry and cram for this test.
    12 days.....

I think it should be very do able. I read a couple chapters in the book and it seems pretty straight forward. I have had a few project management classes in college though.
    I think it should be very do able. I read a couple chapters in the book and it seems pretty straight forward. I have had a few project management classes in college though.

I'm taking a Systems Analysis and Design class now. I hope it'll be able to help me with a few things. I also think it's possible to read all the chapters twice before I take the test but for some reason I think my testing center is going to screw things up with my test.
    Booya!!
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I'm currently using the old CBTNuggets project+ course for the previous objectives, got my exam in a weeks time...

-ken