Apple Bootcamp...just like magic

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
On my vacation time, I installed Windows 7 on my Apple MacBook Pro, and used Apple Bootcamp:

Apple - Support - Boot Camp

It is truly magic. I didn't do anything, just pointed and clicked a few things and that is it..
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    On my vacation time, I installed Windows 7 on my Apple MacBook Pro, and used Apple Bootcamp:

Apple - Support - Boot Camp

It is truly magic. I didn't do anything, just pointed and clicked a few things and that is it..

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried your video out while in Windows 7 native with a projector?

I never could get that to work in XP...I'm wondering if it works in Windows 7?

MS
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Don't own a projector, otherwise I would give it a shot. Probably best to consult that manufacturer's website. Or post the issue here.

eMeS wrote: »
    This might be a dumb question, but have you tried your video out while in Windows 7 native with a projector?

I never could get that to work in XP...I'm wondering if it works in Windows 7?

MS
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
    JockVSJock wrote: »
    Don't own a projector, otherwise I would give it a shot. Probably best to consult that manufacturer's website. Or post the issue here.

Seems like I tried both at some point, and spent quite a bit of time myself troubleshooting it, all to no avail.

Thanks though,

MS
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Pretty sweet.

Recently, my Dell XPS m1330 died and I looked into a getting a Macbook.

Probably go with another Dell though. :)
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    You know, I've never used Bootcamp. I have always used Fusion for my virtual stuff. Maybe I'll have to give it a try!
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A colleague bought a macbook pro using my student discount. Ive got to say, thats one fine laptop indeed! If i were in the market for a laptop i would strongly consider buying one.

..and no im not a apple fanboy! simply admiring a good product!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used Bootcamp for my wife's IMac I bought her for Christmas, worked great dual booting XP.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Its called dual booting, news flash....Windows has done this for about 15 years.

At least you put windows on it though. Im getting a macbook pro for "testing" purposes at work here soon and it will be getting Windows 7 ASAP.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    I went the refurbished route, to save money, which is what I recommend to everyone...

Refurbished Mac - Apple Store (U.S.)

nel wrote: »
    A colleague bought a macbook pro using my student discount. Ive got to say, thats one fine laptop indeed! If i were in the market for a laptop i would strongly consider buying one.

..and no im not a apple fanboy! simply admiring a good product!

-unknown
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Thanks for the neg rep, apple noobs.

and yes you could dual boot windows 95. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Thanks for the neg rep, apple noobs.

and yes you could dual boot windows 95. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'll be clear with you here.

I gave you neg rep because what you said was unnecessarily provocative and added no value to the conversation. It was also somewhat callow, as is your follow-up comment.

On top of that, you totally misunderstood the comment that I put in the disapprove field. Multi-booting has been around much longer than any version of Windows, and definitely was around way before 1994-ish...

MS