Options

Passed 70-291 today

brucewhunterbrucewhunter Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
I studied for 4 weeks using the MS books along with Mesureup CBT's. Transcender and ********* exams.

MS Books have good info and labs but remain lacking. Measureup CBT's Rock. SET UP A SEVER OR TWO and do the labs.

The exam wasn't the all that difficult but you did need to know your stuff. EG: command line options and switches , backup and restore, policies ... Not much DNS or Routing (that's were I focused my studies). 1 DHCP, 6 SUS and few Ipsec. 1 sim on Creation and Ordering of records. All in all a well rounded testing session.

I pulled a lot from the knowledge acquired from 70-290.

Questions were pretty straight forward with NO paragraph scenarios. Nothing to fear here just take the time allotted and review your answers . If you get stuck in a sim just back out and come back to it. You can eat up a lot of time looking for the wrong information.

Comments

• Options
    Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!..... passed mine today also. I would have to agree, it was not what I had heard it was. More high level concepts that nitty gritty details. I had more DNS than anything. Sounds like the same sim too.
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • Options
    shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    Questions were pretty straight forward with NO paragraph scenarios. Nothing to fear here just take the time allotted and review your answers . If you get stuck in a sim just back out and come back to it. You can eat up a lot of time looking for the wrong information.

Yeah, it is a lot better now. It used to have very wordy questions, with long running paragraphs. The version now is much better!