Options

Phone interview tomorrow

loss4wordsloss4words Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

So I have a phone interview tomorrow. They told me it's basically to test my soft skills before they decide if they want to go to the next step with their interview process. I suspect I will be speaking with an HR person. The job is help desk/desktop support. I've never done a phone interview before so I'm a little nervous. Any advice would really be appreaciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Some of the advice I was given when I was going to do a phone interview was the following:

1. Try to avoid caffeine for a few hours before the interview, so that way you aren't all jittery from it.
    2. Don't sit while talking on the phone. Stand up so you are fully alert, but try not to pace around the room.
    3. Of course be on a land line, or if you must use a cell phone, make sure its charged and has good reception where you are.
    4. Be in a quiet room without distractions. No tv, radio, kids, pets, significant others, etc to distract you.
    5. Have a copy of your resume in front of you so you can answer anything quickly that they might question.

Some of this might seem like common sense, but its something you might not typically think of as being important.

Good luck with the interview!
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration