Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Again..

WHEWWWWWW...

I am soooo lucky. I just barely passed that b*tch of a test...

700/1000.

I HATE!!! hate, hate, hate the layout of the exam...

but hey.. im not angry.. I got my E!

now to study for 299 tomorrow.
icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif

Comments

• KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    Passed my 299 today... WHEW.. i was so scared...

906/1000.

Finally complete!

next is cisco.. and maybe 2008 Upgrades...
  • murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats man!
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Might I ask how you are studying, you seem to be passing a ton of certs all within days of each other, and am curious as to how you are retaining all of that knowledge?
    Well I attended a 2 week microsoft bootcamp back in January.

The course consists of Sec+, 270, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298, 299 material and exams.

they highly recommend you already know the material, because the course is extremely accelerated.. not much time to do labs more than one or twice.. if we even do labs. We get slides, labs, studyguides, practice Q & A's.. and we all built our own PC's as servers.. so we had access to all administrative tools we need to go and click and learn.

First time I went.. man.. I neve even heard of active directory before.. so I was extremely stressed I got the sec+, 270, 290, 291 and 293 but failed the 294.

so I went back home, signed up for microsoft courses at college.. and realized that I didn't learn much more there than I did in just those 2 weeks.. only I had better timet o study, practice on my own time..

when you're there you're in a class for 10-12hrs a day.. and then you study when you get back to your room.. your sleep goes from 8hrs to 6hrs.

and everything is an accumulation of each other.

If you learn 270, 290.. pass those exams.. well you better know 291, 290, 270 for the 291 exam.
    Want to pass the 294.. well you better know 291, 293, 290, 270 etc.

so if you don't get something.. you're screwed lol...

I mostly studied hard on the things I DIDNT know.. because given my luck.. those would be the things I'd get questions on.

anyways.. after the college courses, I tried the 294 again.. and missed it again..

so I went back to the bootcamp to study study study.. popped the 294.. then studied nothing but security... 298/299 material. I studied them both at the same time.. and it really helped.

Big time on Certificate Authorities, since theyre my weak spots.. but it all makes sense... the only trouble I had was the 298.. I knew the material..

but having only 5-7 minutes to rush through like 7 questions.. and looking for the business/technical requirements and concerns of officer's...

ugh.. so once I got to the 299.. I was a lil more at ease than the 298.. but still worried since my friends didnt get high scores.

----

I went through TrainingCamp.com 's 14 Day MCSE: Security Bootcamp...
    costs a shiney penny.. but damn they're good.

--

Now I'm back at work.. (desktop support).. and realizing how much I don't want to do this anymore.. and how I just want to...

create an ou, put user accounts in the ou, customize the security template, import the security template into a gpo, link the gpo tot he ou, and force replication to other sites...

damn i miss active directory aleady..

need to hurry up and build another server/network at home!

but thanks guys.. I hope everyone passes..

I wont say that 298/299 was easy.. but the more you study, the easier it gets..

except the 298.. damn i hate that test more than 294...
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on passing! Are you getting tired of those chicken dinners?? icon_wink.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

Does that make you MCSE: Security, or plain MCSE, with those two exams passed?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I LOVEEE chicken.. lol...

298 gives you the MCS-E.. 298 and 299 gives you MCSE: Security..

but oddly enough.. after I got my MCSE.. it said MCSE: Security..

im guessing my A+/N+ went towards my MCSA/MCSE Elective.. and my Security+ went towards my :Security elective? I really dont know icon_confused.gif:

either way I got it both.

thanks everyone. 298 was not easy.. im still upset about that test.. lol
  • pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Movin on up...Moooovin on up! Congrats!
    Just some minor tips that helped me pass the 298...

I quickly read through the questions, to get an idea of what they were looking for.

I went through the Business Requirements, Technical Requirements and Interviews with System Admins, Security Officers, etc.

Those seem to be where the bulk of the requirements were.

Sometimes you had to look at the infrastructure/AD layout.

Then with the answers to each question.. you can pretty much narrow it down to 50/50 without even reading the quesiton.

so luckily some of the answers were rediculously wrong, so it would be like either A or C.. check the demands of like say the system admin.. okay it's A. next.

I had 5 casestudies.. ranging from 13mins to 30mins. questions ranging from I think 5.. to 13.

Some questions were so easy I didnt have to look through the casestudy/requirements.. I just knew what the answer was.

I hate reading.. so I barely read.. I just skimmed for keywords that related to the questions.. and then I double checked incase there was like one word that changes the entire answer.

Couple Drag-in-Drops.. that made it easier.. but still that exam was hard..

not that you wouldnt know the answer.. just you have very limited time to figure out what they want. so..

yeah.. again.. thanks everyone.. and goodluck to anyone who takes the 298/299.. study hard.. know the material.. and you'll be fine.

if -I- can do it.. then you can def do it! icon_thumright.gif