Network+ on Wednesday

ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I got a job as an Assistant Network Analyst a month ago and decided to change my certification path a little. Picked up the Exam Cram book since a lot of the material was covered in my college courses.

I have been studying for about 4 weeks now and want to get this test out of the way. I have been scoring 70-80% on the practice tests I have available so I am taking the jump and registered for this Wednesday (2 days from now).

Wish me luck!
WIP: CCNA

Comments

• abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    So I got a job as an Assistant Network Analyst a month ago and decided to change my certification path a little. Picked up the Exam Cram book since a lot of the material was covered in my college courses.

I have been studying for about 4 weeks now and want to get this test out of the way. I have been scoring 70-80% on the practice tests I have available so I am taking the jump and registered for this Wednesday (2 days from now).

Wish me luck!

Good luck sir!

That's about what I was scoring too at my first shot, after going through them a few times I'm getting mid 90's, since they are the same questions.

I'm hoping thats good enough to pass.
  • ChronusMaximusChronusMaximus Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same here. Its hard to tell if you are getting smarter or just memorizing the questions. I am hoping scoring a little bit higher by the test date means I am ready.
  • indyodieindyodie Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the Net+ last month and used the exam cram to freshen up after I had taken a course a few years ago...just remember to make sure to study using more than one source.

I found the exam cram covered topics that weren't on my test and my test had information that wasn't covered in the book. I passed with a 96%, but just make sure you use multiple sources.
  • bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used the McGraw Hill CompTIA Network+ book. The exam really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be going in. 830/900 Stupid mistakes kept me from a higher score. Take your time (there is plenty of it) and read the question twice.

Don't bust your balls studying the night prior. Take it easy and approach it with the well rested technique.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
    Yeah I am using ExamCram as my primary source but just found PrepLogic's free exam software which gives you about 100 questions. Along with Technotes from here I am hoping I will catch everything. So far I know I need to go back over OSI and some other random protocols before the exam.
    I just got back from taking the test and I passed! For a minute there I was sure I had failed but I scored an 830.

I will say, like others have said on here, it is a good idea to get your study material from multiple sources. I used the Exam Cram book and while I am going to keep this on my book shelf as a reference I would recommend getting a second book. Exam Cram covered a lot of things I feel should be known for the real world but skimmed over some things that were on the test.

Also, for some reason I got 3 questions, all phrased differently, on what the best wireless encryption was and each time the best option was WPA/WPA2. weird.

Thanks to this forum and everyone on it who are always helpful!

On to Security+ and CCENT!
  • abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    I just got back from taking the test and I passed! For a minute there I was sure I had failed but I scored an 830.

I will say, like others have said on here, it is a good idea to get your study material from multiple sources. I used the Exam Cram book and while I am going to keep this on my book shelf as a reference I would recommend getting a second book. Exam Cram covered a lot of things I feel should be known for the real world but skimmed over some things that were on the test.

Also, for some reason I got 3 questions, all phrased differently, on what the best wireless encryption was and each time the best option was WPA/WPA2. weird.

Thanks to this forum and everyone on it who are always helpful!

On to Security+ and CCENT!

Congrats dude! I had 2 of the same question phrased differently, not the one you had though.