Olive Juniper login

KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
Finally got an Olive working (you should get a cert just for that!) and now I am stumped as it is asking for a login. Is there a default I should be trying ? Cannot find anything in the literature i've got.
Kam.

Comments

• seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Finally got an Olive working (you should get a cert just for that!) and now I am stumped as it is asking for a login. Is there a default I should be trying ? Cannot find anything in the literature i've got.

Yes, you should get a cert for that, lol. Congrats ;)

The default login is 'root' with no password.
    Type 'cli' to get to user mode.
    Type 'edit' to get to edit mode.

Here's more info:
    Basic Connection and Configuration with the CLI - JUNOS Software with Enhanced Services Quick Start

So what's your Olive setup like?
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I've tried root with no password but it doesn't like it. Wondering if the guy that gave me the setup has put a password on it and forgot to tell me.

Is there anyway to reset it ? Is there an external config file ?
    Kam.
    I see.

Cluepon has some recovery procedures:

Password recovery - JuniperClue
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I managed to get hold of the guy who gave me the Olive files and he told me the pasword.

Useful link though. That will come in handy thanks.
    Kam.
    Sweet. :)
  • bobby789bobby789 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    I managed to get hold of the guy who gave me the Olive files and he told me the pasword.

i downloaded olive from internet and now am stuck at login promt, can u tell me what the user name and password is
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    bobby789 wrote: »
    i downloaded olive from internet and now am stuck at login promt, can u tell me what the user name and password is

It's gonna be easiest to just do the password recovery as seraphus noted earlier.

Password recovery - Juniper Clue
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    So I'm reading this thread a little late; still get a chuckle about a guy naming his site cluepon. Anyway google ads put one up at page bottom for baynetwork "save 90% on used juniper hardware'. Couldn't resist and I click on it and I see their kick back program
    Also be sure to take advantage of Baynetwork's rewards program:
    •Any purchase of over $10,000: free video Ipod
    •Any purchase of over $50,000: free 32’’ LCD TV
    •Any purchase of over $100,000: free 4 day all-inclusive Vegas Vacation
    •Any purchase of over $250,000: free 5 day all-inclusive Hawaii Vacation

I wonder how much for the women and the Ferrari. I Guess I will scurry on back to ebay and hope I score some free M&M's. At least Johann got a click through out of it.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    TheShadow wrote: »
    I wonder how much for the women and the Ferrari.

I'll just take the Ferrari, the women would be a nice bonus, but really, once you have the Ferrari the women will naturally come on their own ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender