Options

70-648 advice

SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have just bought this book (Amazon.com: MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-648 & 70-649): Transitioning Your MCSA/MCSE to Windows Server® 2008 (9780735626331): Orin Thomas, Ian McLean: Books) to study for the above exam. It looks like for the 648 you only need to read up to chapter 10 can somebody confirm that this is correct. I take it even if this is correct people would recommend reading the whole book to gain the extra knowledge

Comments

• Options
    tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    You are going to want to focus mostly on PKI. Also pay special attn to IPv6, WSUS, VPN and Netmon. But again, I would say the single most important is PKI and certificates.
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I've recently bought the same book :)

The Exam objectives are listed on the first page of the book, so up to chapter 10 seems right for the 70-648. I agree about reading the whole book.
    Nice to pass an exam but the extra knowledge would be useful too.
  • Options
    SamHawkinsSamHawkins Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks i know it sounded abit of a silly question but i thought best to check incase it wasnt as simple as it looked
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was wondering the same. I have just ordered the same book online, so will be getting it 8 - 16 days. Have not done too much study for the last 5 months since our second son was born and starting a new job, so thought I would ease back into things with the 70-648
    Only have to learn 10 chapters, cool. LOL