Options

IPv6 certifications???

Samurai004Samurai004 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
With the move towards IPv6 in the few years are there any good quality certifications for IPv6? I would like to be able to directly show some sort of education regarding this topic on a resume.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    CCNA has a bit of IPv6 and CCNP gets pretty heavy into it.
  • Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    Yeah, obviously the Cisco stuff still teaches IPv4, but the CCNA goes into stuff like types of addresses (multicast, unique local, etc), whereas CCNP starts introducing a bit of routing and tunnelling (they are mentioned in CCNA, but not too in depth).

Besides that, I'm not aware of any recognized qualifications that are specifically about IPv6.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Samurai004 wrote: »
    are there any good quality certifications for IPv6?

I hope not. There's already too much to learn out there at the moment. icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    I'd just pick Cisco or Juniper and run with that. As mentioned earlier, Cisco covers it, and I assume Juniper does the same.
  • Options
    coolteez1coolteez1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello!!! my fellow networking and data communication guyz, am new here and this is my very first post, [IMG]http://www.********.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] . Can't wait to hv fun sharing my ideas,configs, little xperience and also learning a lot from here(e.g my BSCI exams come up in less than a week).

HI! [IMG]http://www.********.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif[/IMG]
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    There are no certs specifically for IPv4, so probably no reason for the same for IPv6. IP addressing is more suited as an objective on a networking cert, not as a subject for an entire cert itself.
  • Options
    Samurai004Samurai004 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds good. Thanks for the quick replies!icon_thumright.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Although if you would like a good introduction to it, i would recommend the micrsoft "understanding IPv6" book.
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    kimanyd wrote: »
    I'd just pick Cisco or Juniper and run with that. As mentioned earlier, Cisco covers it, and I assume Juniper does the same.

Yup, Juniper covers it pretty extensively too in their M/T (service provider) track.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    Kasey1Kasey1 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thans a lot mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    clear.gif