PrepLogic Unlimited Access

PrepLogic has this special in where they offer all of their video, audio, print, and testing materials for 4 years with UNLIMITED access. Individuals will have to drop $1,000 for that access.

Does anyone out there think this is worth it? I'm considering it...but I wanted to get everyone else's feedback.
A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Prep Logic makes good products, so the potential for that to be a good deal is there. However, it's ultimately up to you. It's not going to be worth it if you just take a few exams. Create a time line for which exams you'd like to take when, and see if it'll make financial sense get the four-year access.
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    dynamik wrote:
    Prep Logic makes good products, so the potential for that to be a good deal is there. However, it's ultimately up to you. It's not going to be worth it if you just take a few exams. Create a time line for which exams you'd like to take when, and see if it'll make financial sense get the four-year access.

+1

Set your goals for the next 4 years and then determine if this deal makes sence.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Honestly, If i had an extra 1000 bucks in my pocket right now, I would. I have seriously considered it and still am. I've always thought their products were pretty good and I'd know I'd spend way more than 1000 bucks in the next 4 years. Heck, I've spend 1000 bucks in the past 6 months myself on Preplogic! But yeah, think about what you want to accomplish for the next upcoming years.

The thing holding me back is I'm trying to finish my basement. Last week Home Depot got my 1200 bucks icon_mad.gif
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone ever used this, I know this is a year old but I am thinking of bucking up to take these courses, which are now $1600 for two years but there is alot of material available. Just wanting to know if anyone out there thought it was worth it, thanks in advance.
  • alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    I have used prep logics Exams, mega guides, audio and Videos. I assume that is pretty much what is included in the unlimited access (there are probably a few bits and pieces extra) but the main crux is what i have mentioned.

Mega Guides - These are probably the best product they make. Very conscise and an easy read. I geneally buy them when they have them on sale.

Audio - The audio product i got was just someone reading the mega guide. Which may be fine if hearing it helps but i was a bit annoyed when i noticed the person speaking was just saying stuff i had read in their mega guide.

Exam - Not as feature rich as a transcender or measureup but ok. It sucks that you cant print the exams. You have to print a question at a time. Their exam printables is just the whole exam in PDF format.

video - These are actually done by learnkey. I wouldnt waste your time. I bought two when they were on special and they are very very basic.

I personally wouldn't spend that much money on preplogic but that is just my experience. Plus be careful about giving over your phone number and not just to preplogic. Examforce wouldn't stop bugging me to buy their products.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I actually e-mailed their sales staff about this about two weeks ago since it caught my attention. I would mostly be interested in the audio training for listening to in the car, etc. Has anybody used this and can you provide input if the audio is available for download - or if it is contained on the media which you are shipped one at a time? I haven't had a response back from Preplogic yet so I'm not sure. That's the only thing I don't care too much for is the shipping of the media and only having one checked out at once. I like to mix things up a bit and would prefer to have it all streaming vs. having to check out media.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Before I'd lay down 1grand, I'd try it out first...so try a single use/limited time program first rather then the 'whole' thing. IIRC, they have a product whereby you can try a smaller version of this for $99 or something???

If you are only going to use a handful of the topics, you'd have to use more then 10 to not receive the benefit of the unlimited package.

Also, consider the time frame you want to complete this goal. As mentioned, map out what you 'want' to do... you may find that your 1grand in your pocket today can last you a while while you simply piecemeal through the program.

If you get sick of IT in 2 years, or change course, your out 1Grand and have access to exam materials you'll never use.

Your choice. For myself, I'd pay as I go...even though it sounds like a great program. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the content either way.

YMMV
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • pmmcateerpmmcateer Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sales guy called me and suggested it as I bought some exams while they were on sale for 50 bucks and was selling me on this. He said I could try it for 50 bucks and I refused saying I didn't want to spend money on a product I was evaluating and he quickly said "How about 25"? So I agreed, I will try it out and see what happens. I will update.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They must be having cash flow problems.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...