CCNP changing next year??

hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
Afternoon all,

Im looking to start on the CCNP track once ive finished off this CCNA:Security. Ive read on a few other forums that the track might be changing sometime next year. So just wondered if it was worth just waiting till this happens.

Cheers

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Unless you hear it from Cisco, it's not true. And even then, they usually give notice well in advance so that you'll have anywhere from 6 - 12 months before one set of exams expire after the newer ones come out. Check with Cisco's CCNP page for any updates. In short, it's perfectly safe to start your CCNP track. Even if they were to change up the exams before you're done, the older exams still count towards the cert and you just finish up with the newer ones.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    It is true. Cisco hasn't released anything official yet, but the rumors appear to be true.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    It is true. Cisco hasn't released anything official yet, but the rumors appear to be true.
    Source?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kimanydkimanyd Banned Posts: 103
    There's been a few threads here about new exams, books, etc. I'm sure something's in the works; there always is. I don't think you need to panic either though.
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Source?

Someone on another forum who works for the Net Academy.

The change is definitely coming.
  • hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Cheers for the replies guys :)

I think ill get this CCNA:Security out the way then start looking at some of the material for the CCNP surely most the material will stay the same anyways if there are some changes.
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    I hope they don't make any changes before next June. I already purchased my study materials.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ColbyNA wrote: »
    The change is definitely coming.
    After about two years of rumors now, it's bound to eventually come true... icon_rolleyes.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote: »
    After about two years of rumors now, it's bound to eventually come true... icon_rolleyes.gif

Haha. I've only been hearing about the three new exams for a few months...
    The formal public announcement of the CCNP Revision is now planned for November 17, 2009

I'm just going by what I've been told. I don't have the inside scoop, but I think this info is pretty accurate.
  • trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
    damn... i just purchased official Exam Certification Library for CCNP (4 books)...

I hope the changes are indeed gradual like "Slowhand" suggested...

EDIT: Does anybody know when did the current exams come into effect?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    How long did it take the new exams to kick in when they announced the CCNA changes ?

Is this likely to come in 2010/2011 ?
    Kam.
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    bring on the new exams, im not scared ;)