Which practice test is most similar to questions on the CISSP?

abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
Which practice test (either online, or on a cd with a book) is most similar to questions on the CISSP? (In terms of complexity and not number of questions)

TIA

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    abefroman wrote: »
    Which practice test (either online, or on a cd with a book) is most similar to questions on the CISSP? (In terms of complexity and not number of questions)

TIA

This question has been asked here before, and the answer is none. Other members can elaborate more...
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• abefromanabefroman Banned Posts: 278
    I'm just looking for the one that is the most similar.

Surely all the tests out there can't be not at all similar to the actual exam.
  • stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you're looking for a "MODERATED" type of practice exam, it doesn't exist... trust me I took the test last Monday. From what I have been told, ********* uses all retired questions, very similar but no "home run" questions. Just know your stuff. I found someones notes on-line and they are very good for what you need to know. If I can find them, I'll post them.icon_study.gif
    stoked64 wrote: »
    If you're looking for a "MODERATED" type of practice exam, it doesn't exist... trust me I took the test last Monday. From what I have been told, ********* uses all retired questions, very similar but no "home run" questions. Just know your stuff. I found someones notes on-line and they are very good for what you need to know. If I can find them, I'll post them.icon_study.gif

Nope, I'm just looking for a handful of questions to get a feel for the format.

The place you mentioned was bleeped, guess you're not suppose to mention them here.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    abefroman wrote: »
    Nope, I'm just looking for a handful of questions to get a feel for the format.

The place you mentioned was bleeped, guess you're not suppose to mention them here.

CCcure is the place to be for cissp
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Realize that most CISSP practice exams are not trying to simulate actual CISSP exam questions, but are instead trying to teach the CISSP CBK material using an exam format. Most of these "practice exams" have CompTIA-style questions, which is the format of only the easiest questions on the CISSP (and SSCP) exam. The questions on www.freepracticetests.org are good and accurate practice, but because they are user-contributed, they vary considerably in quality. Finally, the CISSP practice exam questions sold by www.isc2.org are probably the most accurate because they are actual retired CISSP exam questions, and questions written for--but never used in--the CISSP exam.

I am not aware of any **** that come close to being useful for passing the CISSP exam. It's best just to study the commercial test prep materials and the user-contributed study guides at www.cccure.org. And use www.certguard.com to check if any test prep material sites you find are actually **** sites.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Realize that most CISSP practice exams are not trying to simulate actual CISSP exam questions, but are instead trying to teach the CISSP CBK material using an exam format. Most of these "practice exams" have CompTIA-style questions, which is the format of only the easiest questions on the CISSP (and SSCP) exam. The questions on www.freepracticetests.org are good and accurate practice, but because they are user-contributed, they vary considerably in quality. Finally, the CISSP practice exam questions sold by www.isc2.org are probably the most accurate because they are actual retired CISSP exam questions, and questions written for--but never used in--the CISSP exam.

I am not aware of any **** that come close to being useful for passing the CISSP exam. It's best just to study the commercial test prep materials and the user-contributed study guides at www.cccure.org. And use CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity to check if any test prep material sites you find are actually **** sites.

Thanks! Valuable post!
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think the practice exams that come with the Official Study Guide - Sybex are pretty good. It's definitely worth doing a few practice tests before taking the exam but don't be surprised when the questions aren't what you were 'expecting' when you take the exam. I'm also in the process of writing some practice questions myself which you're welcome to have a look at here:
    https://www.cyberonthewire.com/cissp-exam-questions-practice/

Also I've seen somewhere on here it mentioned that the exam isn't about remembering rather that it's about understanding. Take it from someone who passed a hell of a lot of it requires 'remembering'!
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • SecChiSecChi Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Transcender and I thought it was a pretty good representation of the CISSP exam questions. A few repeat questions between the 4 exams--that would be my only complaint. I did not use cccure due to the warning that their questions were more 'technical' than really needed for the exam.