Failed Again

randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well I failed again, and what's weird is I thought I had this test nailed. I got a 643 and yet I aced Manage and Maintain an Active Directory Infrastructure section of the test and almost aced two other sections. I had 44 questions total. 5 drag and drops, 2 Sims(which I aced) and the rest were multiple choice. The only questions I wondered about were the drag and drops. Does anyone know how much these are weighted on the test? That is the only thing I can think of that might have drug me down. When I was done with the test I felt like I smoked the damn thing and it shows that I failed!!! I will reschedule again and let you guys know how it goes. Right now I am so frustrated with this crap I don't want to go on with it. The only thing that keeps me chugging along is I only have two tests left and that will be it.

UPDATE: I called Microsoft and they are escalating my request to find out what the points for each style of question are.

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear. Thats about the score I had when I first tried the test. I thought I did pretty well but it didn't turn out that way. This is a reading comp test.

I missed my 294 2nd test date and wasted 125 dollars... Now all the test centers in my area closed down. >_<
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    that sucks dude.. I failed twice before nailing an 884.. and I thought I popped 1000. icon_lol.gif

---

Sims are like ~100points I think. So it's good you pop those..

How are you on Forest/Domain Trusts? GPO's? OU Structure? Delegation of Authority?

My theory was.. I studied hard on whatever I DIDNT know.

first time I took the test.. I thought I aced it too.. and came out with 586.. so I know the feeling..

What are you using to study.. I hear Transcender is excellent...
    I showed my course-material to another instructor, and he said it looked very similar to transcender.. and i hear great reviews.. and courseware helped me pass..

goodluck on the third try.. I know you'll nail it again.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about that. It is a tough exam, that mostly seems to deal with reading between the lines. You are only a couple of questions away from passing, you'll get it the next time.
  • randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am using transcenders as well as the technet virtual labs, and Microsoft's e-learning. I am pretty strong in all areas. Thanks for the support guys I have a retake on October 3rd.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    That's pretty rough. Good luck on your retake!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Yes best of luck on your next attempt! I too failed this one x2 before passing. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck on the retake!!! Trust me when I say you're not alone on failing this one :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I also found this test hard. i thought that I had nailed it. I was expecting a score in the hight 800s or low 900s and I scored in the mid 700s. I was very shocked at my score. It really was the only time I passed and left the test center feeling disappointed.

Good luck on the 3rd!
  • msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Sorry to hear that you failed, it definitley is a hard exam. I too was under the impression that I had aced the exam and was going to get a high result, but ended up with a score just over 700. Good luck on your next attempt, soon your MCSE journey will be complete!
  • randsmountneyrandsmountney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all of your support guys. I retake on the 3rd of October, so we will see how the extra study time affects my overall score. I appreciate all the words of encouragement.