Options

Time to get it done

So I have been *cough* studying *cough* for the 83-640 since June 15th and I think I just need to schedule my exam and get it done and over with. Ok, so mostly I have been procrastinating this whole time, as I should have done this well over a month ago. I review pretty much every day during lunch, and IF I can make myself do it, play around on vm's at home for a bit throughout the week. I am scoring 85-90% on practice exams (I have taken 3 in the past three weeks). I used the MS Press 70-640 book along with the Measure-Up software and CBT Nuggets.

So I just need to figure out what day next week I am going to schedule this exam for and just get it done. Once I pass, I need to buckle down and set a schedule that I am going to stick to this time. My goal was to get my MCITP:SA done by years end, but at the rate I am going, it is going to be January before I am finished.
MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration

Comments

• Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Good luck!

Its not a terribly difficult exam. I scored a 925 on it.
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Thanks! Right now I think the hardest part is going to be scheduling the exam. Prometric isn't behaving properly right now /sigh
  • Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Figures. My preferred testing center doesn't offer the new 83 series exams. The other test center had an opening on Tuesday, or the next available was on 10/6. So looks like I am going for the 10/6 @ 1 pm, as I can't go next week.
  • Options
    tdeantdean Member Posts: 520
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    So I have been *cough* studying *cough* for the 83-640 since June 15th and I think I just need to schedule my exam and get it done and over with. Ok, so mostly I have been procrastinating this whole time, as I should have done this well over a month ago. I review pretty much every day during lunch, and IF I can make myself do it, play around on vm's at home for a bit throughout the week. I am scoring 85-90% on practice exams (I have taken 3 in the past three weeks). I used the MS Press 70-640 book along with the Measure-Up software and CBT Nuggets.

So I just need to figure out what day next week I am going to schedule this exam for and just get it done. Once I pass, I need to buckle down and set a schedule that I am going to stick to this time. My goal was to get my MCITP:SA done by years end, but at the rate I am going, it is going to be January before I am finished.

oh man, im going through the exact same thing. i started early june too. this stuff is sooo boring i cant stand it, but once we get it done the rest are easier b/c they arent as boring... then its on to cisco and the $$ makers.