Rocked the CCNA-V test

well, i walked away with a load of my chest. I seriously thought the test was going to be harder since I didn't really come from the voice world and it took me forever to study for it,.

Passed with a 974. My study material was CBTnuggs, Cisco official press. and my lab which consists of UC520w, 2621 XM, 3524power, 2960 and 7940s .. along with my other hardware used for the CCNA.

Study time 1 day a week due to work and social life for the last 3-4 months lol. The test only had 1 sim for me. the rest multiple choice type questions. Covered just about everything on a high level overview from the official press book.

If you dont have the UC series equipment, u can still pass the test. Having the UC is just a perk really. THE GUIs are pretty straight forward.

One thing that i seriously hated is how poorly the questions are worded. I found myself thinking of multiple ways to answer the questions. bahh.. its over..

now to CCVP :)

Comments

• wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz on the pass and good luck on the CCVP.
  • tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, a very nice score indeed. Good luck with your CCVP studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! BTW, great score!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done! That's an impressive score. I've started studying for the CCNA V as well. I wish I had the coin for the UC520w. That thing looks sweet!
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?
    UC520 is not worth the purchase if its only going to be used for this test. Save your money lol.. I am not sure if i want to sell it or keep it yet. If i sell it, then thats money going towards my CCVP equipment. But it certainly is a nice toy.

Has anyone noticed some of the job listings for voip show the UC500 series listed under "experience" .. starting to see them pop up.
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    tokhss wrote: »
    UC520 is not worth the purchase if its only going to be used for this test. Save your money lol.. I am not sure if i want to sell it or keep it yet. If i sell it, then thats money going towards my CCVP equipment. But it certainly is a nice toy.

Has anyone noticed some of the job listings for voip show the UC500 series listed under "experience" .. starting to see them pop up.

Hi

Congratulations on the score! Impressive still working on my ccna. Just about to start a passport of training which includes the voice wireless and security!

So what is a must for the voice lab? 2620xm with cm4.0?
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • ncsugrad2002ncsugrad2002 Member Posts: 131
    Good luck.

I'll be taking this one after finishing CCNA. Need to quit buying lab equipment and spend the money on the exam.. gah. What a catch 22..need the test to make more money, but need $$ to take the test, icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
    Thanks yall..

A must? I would say since the 2600 are cheap and the 3500 are also cheap.. I would say CME 4.1 with a couple 7940's and if you look in the right places, you can download CIPC and run it on any station to emulate an IP PHONE.

Honestly.. its nice to have a physical IP phone b/c you can see the difference and different stages the phones boots up at. Those "Stages" def helped me on the test and gave me a better understanding about the boot process.

If you know how to emulate all this stuff then use GNS3.. I understand the CCVP course can be emulated. I hope to learn how and save myself some serious cash. the tests are not cheap either. economy sucks and its wise to save wherever you can.