Question on 272

djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
Are most of the questions on this regarding MS Office focused on Outlook and Outlook Express. Or are there many questions on Excel, Word, Power Point? Can anyone tell me w/o breaking NDA?

(Or maybe shoot me a PM?) :D

Comments

• Well, you must know both. Also, know the difference between outlook and outlook express, they will be asking you questions on both products. Another big point is internet explorer. Know how to fix privacy issues, and security settings, etc.
  • djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Thanks. Yeah, I know IE is tested heavily. My only concern is what is tested for Office apps and also the depth and complexity of the questions.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I don't recall studying anything specific about the Office suite aside from system requirements. Hope that helps.
  • buttonsbuttons Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the exam today, my advice is spend a lot more time studying with internet exploder and outlook office/outlook express then you would on word,excel,ppt,etc.
  • dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Apart from IE and Outlook/Express, if I remember for the objectives you just need to know the very basics about the rest of the office suite, i.e. which apps use which file extentions and what each is used for.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Know your IE in versions 6 and 7 well. You should know the installation requirements for office, know about the tools in outlook express, vcards, etc.
    I think the best way to prepare for this exam is to go over the exam objectives and practice them in a hands-on way.
  • mray529mray529 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    New to the forum so here goes.

Are there many NTFS and Shared security and permissions set ups? These seem to bug me and I know in the MCSA they will drill it. Connectivity is no problem for me it's just the App Security at this point.

Thought they would really focus on Office, IE and the Outlooks like stated so that's good news.

Mark
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mray529 wrote: »

Are there many NTFS and Shared security and permissions set ups? These seem to bug me and I know in the MCSA they will drill it. Connectivity is no problem for me it's just the App Security at this point.

Thought they would really focus on Office, IE and the Outlooks like stated so that's good news.

Mark

272 doesn't hit on permissions much, unless the exam has changed in the last year. 270 and 271, 290 hit more on permissions. 272 will hit on Internet options for IE6 and maybe 7, office and user configuration settings.