Booked for Sept 28...

mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
... and have no idea what to expect! i'm doing ok at transcender practice questions, however the detail of rras and ipsec scares me icon_sad.gif

I guess it all depends on how much detail the exam will go into! oh well, one week to go to find out then hopefully... MCSA! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Good luck with this one, although I found it to not be so bad as it has been updated with short, simple questions.

You should really try to get a good grip of RRAS; routing subnets, creating VPN,etc., just to fulfill your MCSA status. If you lab it up it'll seem a lot less scary.

293 requires this knowledge as well.
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Good luck with this one, although I found it to not be so bad as it has been updated with short, simple questions.

You should really try to get a good grip of RRAS; routing subnets, creating VPN,etc., just to fulfill your MCSA status. If you lab it up it'll seem a lot less scary.

293 requires this knowledge as well.

Thanks for that.
    I have labbed it it up, i made a rras server and i have successfully vpn'd into it and routed traffic through the network. I also have a squid proxy server and the traffic also went through that fine browsing the web. I used PPTP for this though not L2TP - i haven't implemented that yet.

I haven't actually used it again since, so i think i might break it and set it up again to refresh my memory. Its the actual nitty gritty bits with rras that potentially scares me so setting it back up again should help.

ipsec - my biggest weak spot. I have not implemented this is a lab yet so thats my next job.

Thanks for the heads up! :D
  • tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck ;)
    B.Science Information Systems
    Thank you Tribe Menx - I'm still trying to catch you up! icon_thumright.gif
    Good luck ! :D
    Just for the record I learn something to pass a exam is beter to book in advance it gives u that umpfffffff to learn no matter how close or near especially for 291 taking a day do " JUST DO IT " an get it over with , I think knowing the period u set urself to study really does it
    I think perhaps you are right, i kind of ended up doing that with this exam. I just want to try it so i booked it and focused on the target from there. What have you got lined up next? whatever it is.... take your time and let me catch up!! icon_thumright.gif
    I think wen it comes to self study like most the people do here motivation is the the one that ussually lacks well in my case though and is wat am experincing it now studying 070-293, it cant get more easier than that makes it hard to catch up on me :)
  • desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I booked mine for the 29th, hopefully it'll force me to study some soon. I feel like I have a decent grasp, going to have to brush up on the command line stuff. Good luck!
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I set my exam for Sept 29, Later I re-schedule for Oct 7, now I moved it for next Friday Oct 16. I've been study for more that 5 month and I never completed it, and today I did a practice with Transcender and failed specially in security. So I will keep studying until next Friday, we will see.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.