Options

Windows XP

Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone know if there are questions about Windows XP on the latest version of the A+ OS ?

And are they reducing the number of Windows 9x Questions ?

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    As far as I know, no there are not (yet). Windows 98 and Windows 2000 and you might even find a lost Windows NT 4 question and some DOS.

Can anyone back this up?
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed my A+ a couple weeks ago. There were no questions on XP, but I do understand that as soon as Mike Meyers, Sybex & the rest publish new editions covering XP that it will be included. The questions have been beta tested and are just waiting for study material to hit the streets.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i had no xp questions in my exam. comptia objectives seem to change around spring time. i imagine it won't be until next year when xp will be included in the exam.

i was questioned on win9x, winnt, win2k and elements of dos.

there are actually more winnt questions in there than you would want. partly i think because they want you to know the differences between it and win2k, but also because so many firms still use it. the company i work for still has servers running winnt4 server, and the o/s will not be upgraded unless the server itself is upgraded.
    A+ Moderator