Anyone ever use Internetwork Expert?

human151human151 Member Posts: 208
Can anyone vouch for thier quality? They have a special going on right now for some training material that looks like it may be interesting.

CCNP Bootcamp, CCNP Training | Internetwork Expert

thanks
Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
1X2621
1x1721
2x2950
1x3550 EMI

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Since they have a GREAT Reputation for the CCIE Material, I'd expect them to bring their "A Game" to the CCNP Material.

And the introductory price seems to undercut both CBT Nuggets & Trainsignal. And when you toss in the CCNP Lab Workbook (when it becomes available) it definitely sounds like it may be a good deal.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd agree with Mike. I have their CCIE R&S Advanced Technologies COD and work book and its pretty good. If you can get your work to pay for it. No way I'd have shelled out the $1200 for the DVDs and the $400 for the workbook myself. The CCNP material is only about $500 though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    thanks guys!!

I just noticed that today they will give an extra 30% off. Cant beat that.

BSCI in Progress...

1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Wow, I didn't know they offered NP stuff. Is this new?
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Yep its new. They are offering an initial release promotion price of 495 instead of 995. Plus they have a 30% discount on top of that right now. I have only watched a little of the BSCI stuff but it seems pretty good.
  • Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    Maybe I should check their stuff out... I was thinking about Cisco Press, but honastly that is lame material... CBT-nuggets and a nice workbook is all I need (And the lab ofc!).
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I wouldn't say the Internetwork Expert stuff is a replacement for Cisco Press books by any means. They do a great job explaining the configuration, but there is not nearly enough depth on the theory to get a complete understanding of the material.

If you try to just jump into the lab books with out the theory down pat you will end up just going back and reading it anyway. Or you will just learn what works, but not how it works. The how is the most important part to have when things go wrong.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I wouldn't say the Internetwork Expert stuff is a replacement for Cisco Press books by any means. They do a great job explaining the configuration, but there is not nearly enough depth on the theory to get a complete understanding of the material.

If you try to just jump into the lab books with out the theory down pat you will end up just going back and reading it anyway. Or you will just learn what works, but not how it works. The how is the most important part to have when things go wrong.

Yes that's true. There is a tendency for some people to tramp through theory and toss it away while getting on with hands on. Best to keep reading as you go along I find. One can learn how to configure, but knowing what it really does and when to configure something requires a lot of effort.
    I picked this up the other day and ive only had time to watch a few videos but I really like it. Its like CBT nuggets but more involved, more organized. Its taught by Brian Mcgahn (sp), he is a triple CCIE and sounds very confidentand enthusiastic. Of course Jeremy rocks as well but in a different way. CBT nuggets and this as well as my other study materials, I think im all set. I have all the tools in my arsenal now its up to me icon_wink.gif.

I don't work for this company, nor had I heard about them prior to 2 days ago but if any of you are the least bit like me, you'd want all the tools you can reasonably get while climbing the mountain. After some great recommendations from our fellow members here. training like this for $346, it was just too good to pass up.

Good luck in your studies!

BSCI in Progress...

1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    human151 wrote: »
    I picked this up the other day and ive only had time to watch a few videos but I really like it. Its like CBT nuggets but more involved, more organized. Its taught by Brian Mcgahn (sp), he is a triple CCIE and sounds very confidentand enthusiastic. Of course Jeremy rocks as well but in a different way. CBT nuggets and this as well as my other study materials, I think im all set. I have all the tools in my arsenal now its up to me icon_wink.gif.

I don't work for this company, nor had I heard about them prior to 2 days ago but if any of you are the least bit like me, you'd want all the tools you can reasonably get while climbing the mountain. After some great recommendations from our fellow members here. training like this for $346, it was just too good to pass up.

Good luck in your studies!

I may be purchasing this as well, along with the study guides and lab manuals, and some doyle stuff.
    one thing that stands out in my mind after having watched just the EIGRP vids so far is that Brian goes into and explains in much more detail the actual protocol and why its doing whats its doing. Much more than CBT nuggets. There are still some things about EIGRP that he does not touch on that Jeremy does in his EIGRP vids, so im glad I have both.

Brian Mcgahan goes through things pretty quickly, its ok though, because I can obviously pause and rewind. And I can access this class on demand for howerver long I need to.

BSCI in Progress...

1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    human151 wrote: »
    one thing that stands out in my mind after having watched just the EIGRP vids so far is that Brian goes into and explains in much more detail the actual protocol and why its doing whats its doing. Much more than CBT nuggets. There are still some things about EIGRP that he does not touch on that Jeremy does in his EIGRP vids, so im glad I have both.

Brian Mcgahan goes through things pretty quickly, its ok though, because I can obviously pause and rewind. And I can access this class on demand for howerver long I need to.

Brian's talented and really knows his sh1t. I can recommend his materials.
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    Can anyone tell me? Are the videos downloadable and viewable offline or do they have to be viewed while online through your web browser?

Thanks,
    George
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • suffahsuffah Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With the coupon code OCT09 I think this is a great price. Comes out to $346.
    georgemc wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me? Are the videos downloadable and viewable offline or do they have to be viewed while online through your web browser?

Thanks,
    George

online only.

BSCI in Progress...

1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI