640-822

BaaaruuuceBaaaruuuce Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well friends, tomorrow is the day that I take my first Cisco test, @ 12:30pm. It's kinda weird, cause I have studied my heart out, but if I fail I don't see myself becoming upset. Reason being is I know I have never taken a test like this. If I do fail, at least I know what I am in for the next time.

However..........I don't "PLAN" on failing tomorrow, cause I have put a lotta time into this! I just needed to vent.....back to the books and sims!

Wish me the best, or worst, ur choiceicon_thumright.gif

Bruce
Excuses are not excuses, unless it's me that needs one:bow:

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Watch your time management on the exam.

There may be some ungraded questions on the exam, so if you get stuck on a SIM wrap it up after about 10 minutes and consider moving on.

Check out the Cisco Certification Exam Tutorial page for a list of the types of questions you'll see on the exam. Follow the link at the bottom to run the demo and see what the questions look like and how they work. You also get the option before the exam to go through this tutorial, but you may as well get it out of the way now.
    Certification Exam Tutorial - IT Certification and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

You'll also have time before the exam to read the Cisco Confidentiality Agreement -- but if you read it tonight online, you can use that time before the exam to jot down your "emergency subnetting **** sheet" on your dry erase note sheet(s).
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/downloads/guest/learning/c644/ccmigration_09186a00801f7961.pdf
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jeesarejeesare Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I had the same exact attitude the 1st time I took the 802 Exam. Just like Mike said, if you don't know the answer to SIM, don't sit there trying to figure it out cause you will run out of time. The tutorial will def. help you understand the format. Let us know the results and think positive!
  • jmc012jmc012 Member Posts: 134
    Baaaruuuce wrote: »
    Well friends, tomorrow is the day that I take my first Cisco test, @ 12:30pm. It's kinda weird, cause I have studied my heart out, but if I fail I don't see myself becoming upset. Reason being is I know I have never taken a test like this. If I do fail, at least I know what I am in for the next time.

However..........I don't "PLAN" on failing tomorrow, cause I have put a lotta time into this! I just needed to vent.....back to the books and sims!

Wish me the best, or worst, ur choiceicon_thumright.gif

Bruce

Good luck ! Mike pretty much covered the advice. Don't let your nerves get to you, that was my problem on ICND1. I was much more relaxed on ICND2 and the test went a lot smoother. Be prepared for lots of sims and testlets, I thought I never was going to get to the end of that test.
  • bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also be prepared for a question or two that BLOW your mind away. Someone stop me if this goes against the NDA but Cisco has a few "experimental" questions that don't count against you or for you. My first question (I believe) was one of those. It ruined me mentally for a little bit, but I quickly regained my composure and passed.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Haruna Umar AdogaHaruna Umar Adoga Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i wish you all the best and believe in your self ... you can do it.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Best of Luck
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    I know 3 CCNAs here in my country and all of them had to take the -801 exam. They all kept mentioning that they fail the first time because of the time. I overstudied because of them. I read the official books by Mcquerry and the exam certification guides by Wendell Odom. I started studying the Sybex book by Todd Lamle (Which is actually my ONE AND ONLY recommendation as the one source you need to pass the exam(s)).

I spent from january 21rst. to early april of 2008 in hardcore studying mode. That is insane amount of hours studying mostly every day. I then had to stop because lots of training was involved in a new job I got, non IT related. I went back in september and passed both exams in october. I practiced a lot and studied even more. I only used ssimulators, mostly packet tracer, which is all you really need, and some dynamips.

I think the CCENT in 3 months, specially with your background is actually way too easy. Aim to take the exam at 45 days tops. For what i recall, the CCENT was mostly a subnetting exam. I would say like 80%...i dont want to violate the NDA and probably i just did, so i will leave it there.

Good luck.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.