Passed ISCW... on to CCNA:Sec

accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
Passed ISCW :) 875 score. On to the CCNA: Security then back to ONT to wrap up CCNP!

Based on the exam objectives... ISCW covers everything in the CCNA:Sec... plan on reviewing and taking the CCNA:Sec in 1-2 weeks. icon_study.gif
Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    accely wrote: »
    Passed ISCW :) 875 score. On to the CCNA: Security then back to ONT to wrap up CCNP!

Based on the exam objectives... ISCW covers everything in the CCNA:Sec... plan on reviewing and taking the CCNA:Sec in 1-2 weeks. icon_study.gif

Awesome. How long have you been studying and what materials are you using?
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    CCNP >>>> CCNA: S. I'd finish the NP off first.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My understanding is that there's a lot of overlap between ISCW and CCNA:S. He should kill that specialization and get back on the CCNP path in no time icon_cool.gif

Congrats on the pass!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    It must feel great to be this close. Congrats!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I may be talking out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure ISCW doesn't cover zone-based firewalls (from my recollection of the nuggets) and I'm also pretty sure CCNA:S does. I haven't taken either exam though.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    I may be talking out of my ass, but I'm pretty sure ISCW doesn't cover zone-based firewalls (from my recollection of the nuggets) and I'm also pretty sure CCNA:S does. I haven't taken either exam though.
    Yeah, that's one of the few things not in the ISCW. But even on the NA:Sec it's only SDM anyway. I already scheduled it for Oct 6th so I'm only breaking less than 2 weeks before I get back to ONT and get CCNP'd

after the ISCW the CCNA:Sec is about 80% review IMO, $250 bucks tho!!! jeez I'm used to 150 for each CCNP test

knwminus wrote: »
    Awesome. How long have you been studying and what materials are you using?
    I pretty much use same mats and routine every exam.

CBT Nuggets > Train signal > Lab portfolio (home lab) > misc practice questions in cisco press/website/ misc guides online.

Also, the main reason I'm jumping back to the CCNA:Sec is because of all the VPN IPsec stuff that over laps. It's very interesting stuff and there's alot to it, so I wanna keep it going while I got it fresh.

• Accely are you saying the CCNA Security is $250? OUCH!!!!!!!!
    Go EVERTON

evertonfc-crest.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The specializations are all $250.
    dynamik wrote: »
    The specializations are all $250.
    Yep icon_sad.gif (characters to mee minimum reply count)

• coolteez1coolteez1 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    accely wrote: »

Congratulations!!!! Thats simply awesome, u finish with that security specialization b4 moving onicon_cheers.gif. Coincidentally i just passed my bsci(phew) with a 833 score and want to take on my bcmsn now but still hv my ISCW to do, i really don't know which to start first(i feel great though bout d bsci) . Goodthings guys.