Options

83-640

indyodieindyodie Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been going through the MS-Press book for the 70-640, they changed the exam since I started studying over to the 83-640. I'm fairly confident working with the GUI, but am having trouble with Core Install. The commands in the book don't appear to be working properly.

I don't want anyone to break the NDA, but I've looked in the objectives and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. Is there much of the Core Installation on the exam?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't taken it myself, but server core is mentioned in the skills measured for the exam. Also mentioned is the "May include but is not limited to:" which to me when I'm studying for an exam reads "know as much content as possible".

Best to keep working with core and become more comfortable with it as I expect core to become more widely used in the future, and command line skills are really an essential for efficient administrators anyways.
  • Options
    indyodieindyodie Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, I didn't see that part of the objectives...then again I was looking at the 70-640 objectives. I like the core OS, I just don't like the MS-Press explinations...I guess I'll pick up some more resources about the core and keep practicing.

Thanks!
  • Options
    texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    indyodie wrote: »
    I've been going through the MS-Press book for the 70-640, they changed the exam since I started studying over to the 83-640. I'm fairly confident working with the GUI, but am having trouble with Core Install. The commands in the book don't appear to be working properly.

I don't want anyone to break the NDA, but I've looked in the objectives and can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for. Is there much of the Core Installation on the exam?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Mike

I have taken the 83-640 and I would say get familiar with the commands.I used the measureup tests to prepare so if you can answer the measureup questions confidently and score 90+ you should do fine on the exam.
  • Options
    sagewalkintheresagewalkinthere Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Also, be aware that during the exam, you can use the Windows help features or use the /? or HELP on the command line.

I passed with no trouble, I used MeasureUp, the MS Press Kit, and a $25 study guide from Transcender.
    A.A.S. Multimedia Web Design, MCTS 70-623, MCTS 83-640, MCP 70-270, A+
    http://jasonereid.blogspot.com/