Options

Passed 852/900

sabot7726sabot7726 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
The test was a little easier than I thought it'd be. I'm sure I missed a couple easy ones, been up for 16 hrs straight before I took it :p

I used the sybex 3 pack from amazon.com mostly, as well as the practice tests from here and the disk that came with the book.

Next up is Vmware VCP!

Comments

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats! Great score. Good luck on the VMWare cert.

Darril Gibson
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead
    www.sy0-201.com
    Security+ Tip of day Tweets
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson
  • Options
    Billy boyBilly boy Banned Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great score, I just took it myselficon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have been studying and there is one area that really has me confused. In the encryption area do you need know all those types of algorithms and ciphers? I mean AES this, RSA this, etc. and all the key sizes?
  • Options
    penrob4130penrob4130 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Know RSA, Diffie-Hellman, El-Gamal and Elliptical (ECC) are asymmetric. Anything else is symmetric.
  • Options
    penrob4130penrob4130 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed yesterday with 820. A LOT of questions re: Organizational Security and Cryptography.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    penrob4130 wrote: »
    Passed yesterday with 820. A LOT of questions re: Organizational Security and Cryptography.

Thanks Penrob, I have been unsure what to study in that area. I didn't want to misuse my energy.
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    Congrats on the Cert!

Let us know if or when CompTIA actually sends you the paperwork. I passed mine on 9/10/09.
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the Cert!

Let us know if or when CompTIA actually sends you the paperwork. I passed mine on 9/10/09.

I passed my Net+ in August and haven't received anything yet. icon_neutral.gif
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Cryptography is 15% of the exam, so you definitely will have some of on cryptography. Some is basic and focused on the security triad (like confidentiality can be enforced with encryption and integrity can be enforced with hashing), and others will be in more depth.

On symmetric encryption, the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is definitely the most important to know. It's secure, fast and more efficient than algorithms it replaces like DES and 3DES.

Also, understanding the SSL handshake process can help you answer many questions related how public and private keys are used in asymmetric encryption.

Darril Gibson
    www.sy0-201.com
    Author: CompTIA Security+: Get Certified Get Ahead

Security+ Tip of the Day
    twitter.com/DarrilGibson
    I have been studying and there is one area that really has me confused. In the encryption area do you need know all those types of algorithms and ciphers? I mean AES this, RSA this, etc. and all the key sizes?