Bootable CD

Computer_Wizz_PizzaguyComputer_Wizz_Pizzaguy Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi. We are trying to load Win2k3 Server Enterprise. We have a file CD, made from an original in another branch of our base, and we need to make the files bootable. we have roxio, and i personally have nero 6.

any ideas?

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I didn't read through it, but check this link out.

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Nice link!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Computer_Wizz_PizzaguyComputer_Wizz_Pizzaguy Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah i found that one...working on it. we'll see.
    Ricka, what's going on in your avatar...?
    icon_lol.gif
    I don't think you wanna know. Did you know we, the military are going to AD? icon_eek.gif
    Isn't it forbidden that you tell us that kind of stuff?
    I don't think you wanna know. Did you know we, the military are going to AD? icon_eek.gif

Who's going to screw up that migration???? icon_eek.gif

/usr wrote:
    Ricka, what's going on in your avatar...?
    icon_lol.gif
    Ummm, yeah...uhhh.....well, uhhh, yeah, that's it. Nothing to see here folks, move along.....
    Ricka182 wrote:

Who's going to screw up that migration???? icon_eek.gif

hehe...the army of course :P

So far so good, but it's scaring me since i've seen AD go bad...which it seems to do according to some demonic will of it's own.

We gave up on the bootable cd btw.

DANG SNOW!
  • crabeatercrabeater Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just bought a DVD re-writer drive, & it has a 'make bootable' function. It requires you pick the format by putting a bootable floppy in A:, select the SW to go on the CD or DVD, and then GO.

Made a bootale XP backup that way, and corrected a file that had been damaged on the original by putting it on my hard drive first & copying a good version over it.

I am fairly sure I saw something in the Advanced Server book about making a bootable CD too.

You might try Makeboot or Makebt32 and see if you can re-direct from floppies to CD.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have tried the nu2 website and sucessfully created a bootable cd for windows xp, however I have had no success creating one for Windows 2003 server or any other bootables I have tried to make.

If anyone has been successful creating bootable cds could you please detail the steps for me and anyone else in the forum.
    I have never got the bootable floppy to work, at least with win xp/2003

It would be muchly appreciated icon_wink.gif
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    In nero, you can also choose to create a bootable CD based on the startup files from a bootable floppy.
    I used Nero to make an XP bootable. I'm not really sure how, or what copies of files it made, but I tried it a while back, and it worked.
  • strauchrstrauchr Member Posts: 528 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tried all those things. Hmmmm, I must be missing a step somewhere. I'll try again and see how I go. I'll post my results