Options

70-290 Today

dancreaneydancreaney Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking this thing in two hours. This will be my fourth MS exam in six months, it's starting to take it's toll. I'm finding it harder and harder to stay motivated. Anyways, hopefully I have done enough work. icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!

Let us know how you get on icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    cheers! really wasn't sure of the outcome when I hit 'end exam' but, I passed with a respectible 850.
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent! I was waiting for the update :D

Congrats!!! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    dancreaney wrote: »
    cheers! really wasn't sure of the outcome when I hit 'end exam' but, I passed with a respectible 850.

Congrads, if this is your 4th exam in 6th months, you are hitting it hard. Way to go!
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    Without violating any rules, what areas should one focus on more than other?
  • Options
    Thanks all.
    Super99 wrote: »
    Without violating any rules, what areas should one focus on more than other?

I would say that the objectives for this exam are not too deep technically but they are wide ranging and do cover a lot of material. The best advice I can give would be to study from as many different sources as you can. For example I read the MS press book, the exam cram book, watched the CBT nuggets, used the Measure Up and Transcenders practice questions, and each source included information that the others didn't or didn't emphasize as much. I definately recommend the CBT nuggests for this one. Also building the various different server roles on virtual PCs doesn't hurt.

icon_study.gif
  • Options
    Your achievment is impressive. How many hours a day do you study/work on an exam before you take the test?
  • Options
    I try to do at least an hour after work on weekdays and a few hours a day on weekends, I do this for a month to six weeks. Though if I feel bored or burned out from studying, I find it beneficial to take a break for a day or two and come back to it fresh.
  • Options
  • Options
    davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! Nice Score!!!

Good luck with....THE BEAST!!!

Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...