Options

almost passed the CCENT!!!!

BaaaruuuceBaaaruuuce Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
For all of those whom gave me advice last week, I want to give a big thanks. As I mentioned last week, I had a feeling that I may not pass it the first time......However, I am bound to pass it when I retake it in Nov. I was only 20pts or so shy from passing, so I know that I can do it!

At the end of the test they give you percents of what areas the test was, and how well you scored. Although it's not the most difficult subject, subnetting had me worried.......well.......i got 100% of em rite!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif

give me teo more months folks!icon_study.gif
Excuses are not excuses, unless it's me that needs one:bow:

Comments

• Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Good luck on the retake.

Dont feel bad. I had to take ICND 1 3 times! I dont know what is was about this test but it seemed more difficult than the 640-816 (ICND2) test, which I passed the fist try icon_wink.gif.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck with your studies icon_study.gif and eventual rematch! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Good luck on re taking the exam dude,

Your so close to passing the exam, just review the topics that you didnt do too well on and you will get through this easily.
  • Options
    rudy_riosrudy_rios Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Human151, I just passed the ICND1 today but I have to admit...it was hard!!! I finished with 4 minutes to spare and it drained me. So the ICND2 is easier? I've wondering that all night.
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    Thats a tough one to answer. SInce the ICND 1 test was my first Cisco exam I think it was more difficult for me. Adding to that, When I was studying for the CCENT I did not have my own Cisco Lab. For the ICND 1 you really do not need any equipment but after getting my A$% kicked twice by that Test I decided to get real and get my own equipment and I felt I had more confidence after studying on my own rack.

The ICND 2 test was "difficult" in and of itself, but I put in a good bit of rack time and reading time and took it a bit more seriously. I believe that was why it was easier for me. Everyone different. You may find it elementary and breeze though it, who knows.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
    i scored exactly the same on ICND1 and ICND2, but i found ICND2 little harder. At least this was my first impression. If you will ask why then i dont know, but this was the impression i got when i walked out of the exam room.
  • Options
    rudy_riosrudy_rios Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    BaaaRuuuce: It was a difficult exam. Know your "show commands" and the information in the output very well. Of course know subnetting extremely well and read the questions thoroughly. On more than one occasion I found myself looking for information that wasn't necessary on the sims. Basic router configurations are a must!
    Good luck! icon_smile.gif