Options

Server + D-Day

eternal85eternal85 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going in at 3pm today. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Comments

• Options
    NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    good luck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Bah, what a rediculous test. Every question so freakin' vague it was just plain stupid. It's not like you could even narrow it down, well I mean you could always narrow it down to 2, but the two answers left were just 2 different ways of saying the same thing. So, bah screw that! I was expecting a shitload of SCSI questions (which would have been nice because those are cut and dry questions), but nooo, god forbid I get that kind of luck. Oh well, enough ranting, 64%, I needed a 75% to pass. Stupid stupid stupid stupid test . . .
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    Maybe the next version of the exam (due to be released soon) will be less vague. Do you think you'll want to sit the old version or the new version next time?

Best of luck on your next attempt.
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    I'm not to sure yet, I may tackle the old one and pray for more SCSI questions, or I may just have to resort to maybe an ****.com PDF or something like that. It's not like I didn't know the material, I just hated the wording. Anyway, will see, I'm a bit undecided at the moment and still reeling from my failure
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    eternal85 wrote:
    .....or I may just have to resort to maybe an "products to **** my way through exams because I'm too darn lazy to actually study for it".com PDF or something like that. It's not like I didn't know the material.....

Nothing personal, but if have to use those, you must not know the material. Not saying you did this time, but you should rethink that statement around here......sorry to hear you failed, better luck next time.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Hi eternal85,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It's been over a year since I took this exam, and I felt the same way about the vagueness, and I passed, but just by the skin of my teeth...75%. But, I'll take it.

You don't want to get any of those cheating materials to use. They may get the real questions, but they have to supply the answers themselves, and if they're to stupid/lazy to make an honest living, they certainly can't answer the questions correctly. So, what you're going to do is fail the exam again, and support theft of protected property.

I see the need for this cert. I did a serious Google on server hardware certifications, and all I found was Server+. I then did the search without Server+ in the search line and about all I saw was certs for M$ NOSs.
    So, don't give up on it. It seems that CompTIA is the only one who sees this need at the present time.

But, another thing to remember, it's really the NOS that makes a computer a server and determines a lot about the hardware that you use.
    You could install a desktop/workstation OS in server-size hardware and play games on it, but it wouldn't be a server. So, after you get the hardware knowledge certified, get on with the NOSs...like MCSA/MCSE. And what about Linux+. If configured properly, Linux is an NOS.

Hope this is some encouragement. Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    TranscenderMichaelTranscenderMichael Member Posts: 187
    eternal85 wrote:
    I'm not to sure yet, I may tackle the old one and pray for more SCSI questions, or I may just have to resort to maybe an "products to **** my way through exams because I'm too darn lazy to actually study for it".com PDF or something like that. It's not like I didn't know the material, I just hated the wording. Anyway, will see, I'm a bit undecided at the moment and still reeling from my failure

I'd highly advise against it - do it the right way, lazy or not. It's not worth losing your integrity over:
    What does it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world but lose his own soul?

Plus, even if the wording is vague, it's still quite passable - you only need to answer 75% of them correctly, meaning you can miss 20 out of 80.

Finally, you now know what to expect for next time. I'm sure you remember some of the questions that stumped you or had confusing wording - study them now, while everything is fresh on your brain! You might get some of them again, so study up on those to minimize the damage next time.

Best of luck. :)
    TranscenderMichael (at hotmail.com)
    MCSE+I, MCDST, MCDBA, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CNE, CCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, A+
    Kaplan IT
    Powering Transcender and Self Test Software
    Served proudly, USArmy, 98C, '89-'92
  • Options
    Yeah, all of you are right, I'll feel a lot better knowing I did it the right way. I'm going to study up and re-take it hopefully before the re-release. Maybe sometime next week I suppose. Anyway, thanks for all the advice, if anyone can pass it, I can :) I'll let ya know how it goes!