Adaptive Testing

BobbyZ_UKBobbyZ_UK Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I'm due to sit A+ H/W & O/S in a few weeks time

With regards to adaptive testing, if you were to get a "select all that apply" type question and you only selected 2 answers but you should have selected say 3, would you get any credit for this?

I.E would the question be marked as "wrong" as opposed to giving you credit for the answers you did select correctly?

Thanks

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    It's very logical actually... you get points for questions that you answer correctly... if you do not select all the correct answers the question is not correctly answered, hence you don't get any points... for it.

Good luck!
  • ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    there are no partial credit on any certification exam i could think of.
  • WyldstarWyldstar Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CompTIA's exams will all tell you how many to select for the multiple answer questions, so you should have no problem with that for the A+ exam.

MS exams are different, and they do not tell you how many to select. On their tests, you have to select all the correct answers, and (as mentioned before) there is no partial credit. You either get it right or wrong.

Hope that helps!

- WS
  • ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    actually on m$ tests some questions will tell you how many to choose others will just tell you choose all that apply even if there is only one correct answer
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    ghaouf wrote:
    actually on m$ tests some questions will tell you how many to choose others will just tell you choose all that apply even if there is only one correct answer

that doesn't sound fair, but i guess the only way to find out if somebody knows-their-stuff is to try and catch them out like that ;)
    A+ Moderator