Options

Security Essentials

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
Who has tried it out? Is it any good? I downloaded it today, but havent had the chance to install it.
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have a friend who has been using it for a little while now. Says it has been working well.He has even tested it on a few infected PCs and said it removed the spyruses without any issues.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have a friend who has been using it for a little while now. Says it has been working well.He has even tested it on a few infected PCs and said it removed the spyruses without any issues.

I heard it just uninstalls IE and puts Firefox on the system. Is that true?
  • Options
    bgrablinbgrablin Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That would solve 95% of all EU problems. That and having the caps lock on.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
    -General George S. Patton

My Site | Face
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Ive been using it for a couple days. Seems ok so far.
  • Options
    BigToneBigTone Member Posts: 283
    I think its cleaned up a lot of the malware I've gotten on my system that I've just deleted the registry keys for, but there were other remnants sitting around other places. That or its just making itself look good.
  • Options
    matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Resource-wise, how is it?
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Resourcewise it's been great. I installed it to try a "cleanup" on a clients machine it didn't find a thing. Avast, Ad-aware and Spybot all did afterwards. Overall I would say it's a false sense of security.
    -Daniel